GeForce 5700 problem

andyfico

Distinguished
May 29, 2004
I installed my GeForce 5700 video card in my computer and when I installed the drivers for it my computer reboots and continues to do so every time windows starts to boot. To solve thisproblem I have to boot in safe mode and then restore my comoputer to before I installed the video drivers. I checked and these are the correct video drivers for windows XP. Anyone have any ideas on how I can install drivers without having my computer continuously reboot? Thanks guys!!
Andyfico

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Try a different version of Forceware drivers. Maybe you've got a corrupted download.

<A HREF="http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf" target="_new">All your base are belong to us.</A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2216718" target="_new"><b>3DMark03</b></A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hehe, I used to see that problem CONSTANTLY with VIA chipsets and nVidia graphics cards under Windows 9x...but I digress, he's running XP.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

andyfico

Distinguished
May 29, 2004
I have tried nvidia drivers from all sorts of sources, even the windows update, and I have had no luck. Anyone know of any conflict between the GeForce 5700 video card and drivers and the Athlon XP 2500+ motherboard cause I have run out of ideas? Thanks.
Andyfico

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Athlon XP2500+ doesn't conflict with anything! What motherboard are you using?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
Once in a thousand years you find a hardware config that does not agree with nVIDIA cards. Why don’t you post your exact system hardware specs?

<font color=green>"The creative powers of English morphology are pathetic compared to what we find in other languages." (Steven Pinker, The Language Instinct)</font color=green> :cool: