I am looking for a free, easy to use program that will allow me to access my
home computer from a remote lcomputer. I had heard that windows xp contains
one. Does anyone know where to find it. Is it good or is there a better one
for free?

RonnieB

There are some very good (and safe and secure) programs to remotely access
your computer, but they are definitely *NOT* free.

As stated, You can only connect to another computer as host with Windows XP
Pro. If you are using any other version, you cannot.

The best program, by far, is PCAnywhere by Symantec. You can even connect
to your home PC from a PDA by using it. It can support Private and VPN
networks, as well.

Bobby

"RonnieB" <RonnieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am looking for a free, easy to use program that will allow me to access
>my
> home computer from a remote lcomputer. I had heard that windows xp
> contains
> one. Does anyone know where to find it. Is it good or is there a better
> one
> for free?
>
> RonnieB

The Remote Desktop hosting feature is only available with Windows XP Pro.
You can only use Windows XP Home Edition as a client and not a host.

Perhaps the following Knowledge Base Articles will help:

HOW TO: Configure a Computer to Receive Remote Assistance Offers in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301527&Product=winxp

Support WebCast: Using Windows Remote Assistance
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826769&Product=winxp

Overview of Remote Assistance in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;300546

Troubleshooting Remote Assistance Issues
http://www.chicagotech.net/rdesktop.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP