Tech: Collapsed Image on 13K WG4705

Hey guys,

I've got a WG 4705 monitor that appears to be working, but the image is
collapsed into a vertical line down the middle of the screen.

Any common fixes for this problem?

Thanks!

pinballjim at hotmail dot com

Bad solder joints on the main board and the "hor/ver" board.

Thanks, Ken, I tried that and still get the same result. :/

Previously, this monitor was powered on with the board not fully
plugged in and it resulted in a white dot. When I discovered the board
was loose and plugged it in, I get a vertical line. If you look
closely, you can see the graphics.

That sounds like a problem in the deflection circuit to me. Check Q302,
Q303, and for an open R313. C306, C308, C311, and C313 could also be bad. At
least that's what the flow chart says.

Mark Hooks