Microsoft XP Professional .. Activation Problem !

Hi,

I am constantly getting a re-activation problem in Windows XP Professional
Version. I have tried several things but nothing worked. Can anyone help me
in this regard.
4 answers Last reply
More about microsoft professional activation problem

    In news:D26F93C7-9F9E-433E-B8C4-10E1A86D0F01@microsoft.com,
    Sami <Sami@discussions.microsoft.com> respectfully replied ;-)
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am constantly getting a re-activation problem in Windows XP
    > Professional Version. I have tried several things but nothing worked.
    > Can anyone help me in this regard.

    What are the problems?
    --
    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

    Hi Michael,

    I did activation when i first time installed XP through a phone call. It
    works for few days but then it again ask for activation, this time i did it
    through internet and it activated successfully. But what was happening that
    if i activate one PC, some other PC on the network become de-activate and ask
    for activation.

    I did one thing by reformat the whole Hard disk of on PC and then review if
    it happens again or not. I was happy that it works and nothing happened so i
    tried the same on all my Workstations. and it works. But now again it is
    asking for activation every now and then.

    i run regsvr32 regwizc.dll and regsvr32 licdll.dll but it also didnt work.

    Now what u say ?

    "Michael Stevens" wrote:

    > In news:D26F93C7-9F9E-433E-B8C4-10E1A86D0F01@microsoft.com,
    > Sami <Sami@discussions.microsoft.com> respectfully replied ;-)
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am constantly getting a re-activation problem in Windows XP
    > > Professional Version. I have tried several things but nothing worked.
    > > Can anyone help me in this regard.
    >
    > What are the problems?
    > --
    > Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    > xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com
    > For a better newsgroup experience. Setup a newsreader.
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm

    Sounds to me like more than one of your machines is using the same CD/Serial
    number... I'm almost certain that even in multi-computer configurations,
    that each machine needs it's own, unique number...

    "Sami" <Sami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Michael,
    >
    > I did activation when i first time installed XP through a phone call. It
    > works for few days but then it again ask for activation, this time i did
    it
    > through internet and it activated successfully. But what was happening
    that
    > if i activate one PC, some other PC on the network become de-activate and
    ask
    > for activation.
    >
    > I did one thing by reformat the whole Hard disk of on PC and then review
    if
    > it happens again or not. I was happy that it works and nothing happened so
    > tried the same on all my Workstations. and it works. But now again it is
    > asking for activation every now and then.
    >
    > i run regsvr32 regwizc.dll and regsvr32 licdll.dll but it also didnt work.
    >
    > Now what u say ?
    >

    > "Michael Stevens" wrote:
    >
    > > In news:D26F93C7-9F9E-433E-B8C4-10E1A86D0F01@microsoft.com,
    > > Sami <Sami@discussions.microsoft.com> respectfully replied ;-)
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I am constantly getting a re-activation problem in Windows XP
    > > > Professional Version. I have tried several things but nothing worked.
    > > > Can anyone help me in this regard.
    > >
    > > What are the problems?
    > > --
    > > Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    > > xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
    > > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com
    > > For a better newsgroup experience. Setup a newsreader.
    > > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm

    Maybe I should have said, "multi-license" configurations....

    "FeMaster" <FeMaster @ hotmail . com> wrote in message
    > Sounds to me like more than one of your machines is using the same
    CD/Serial
    > number... I'm almost certain that even in multi-computer configurations,
    > that each machine needs it's own, unique number...
    >

    > "Sami" <Sami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi Michael,
    > >
    > > I did activation when i first time installed XP through a phone call. It
    > > works for few days but then it again ask for activation, this time i did
    > it
    > > through internet and it activated successfully. But what was happening
    > that
    > > if i activate one PC, some other PC on the network become de-activate
    and
    > ask
    > > for activation.
    > >
    > > I did one thing by reformat the whole Hard disk of on PC and then review
    > if
    > > it happens again or not. I was happy that it works and nothing happened
    so
    > > tried the same on all my Workstations. and it works. But now again it is
    > > asking for activation every now and then.
    > >
    > > i run regsvr32 regwizc.dll and regsvr32 licdll.dll but it also didnt
    work.

    > > Now what u say ?
    > >

    > > "Michael Stevens" wrote:
    > >
    > > > In news:D26F93C7-9F9E-433E-B8C4-10E1A86D0F01@microsoft.com,
    > > > Sami <Sami@discussions.microsoft.com> respectfully replied ;-)

    > > > What are the problems?
    > > > --
    > > > Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    > > > xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
    > > > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com
    > > > For a better newsgroup experience. Setup a newsreader.
    > > > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm

Support Microsoft Windows XP