Microsoft XP Professional .. Activation Problem !

April 28, 2005 2:03:23 AM

Hi,

I am constantly getting a re-activation problem in Windows XP Professional
Version. I have tried several things but nothing worked. Can anyone help me
in this regard.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 2:11:52 AM

In news:D 26F93C7-9F9E-433E-B8C4-10E1A86D0F01@microsoft.com,
Sami <Sami@discussions.microsoft.com> respectfully replied ;-)
> Hi,
>
> I am constantly getting a re-activation problem in Windows XP
> Professional Version. I have tried several things but nothing worked.
> Can anyone help me in this regard.

What are the problems?
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

Hi Michael,

I did activation when i first time installed XP through a phone call. It
works for few days but then it again ask for activation, this time i did it
through internet and it activated successfully. But what was happening that
if i activate one PC, some other PC on the network become de-activate and ask
for activation.

I did one thing by reformat the whole Hard disk of on PC and then review if
it happens again or not. I was happy that it works and nothing happened so i
tried the same on all my Workstations. and it works. But now again it is
asking for activation every now and then.

i run regsvr32 regwizc.dll and regsvr32 licdll.dll but it also didnt work.

Now what u say ?

"Michael Stevens" wrote:

> In news:D 26F93C7-9F9E-433E-B8C4-10E1A86D0F01@microsoft.com,
> Sami <Sami@discussions.microsoft.com> respectfully replied ;-)
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am constantly getting a re-activation problem in Windows XP
> > Professional Version. I have tried several things but nothing worked.
> > Can anyone help me in this regard.
>
> What are the problems?
> --
> Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
> xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com
> For a better newsgroup experience. Setup a newsreader.
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewread...

April 28, 2005 1:18:57 PM

Sounds to me like more than one of your machines is using the same CD/Serial
number... I'm almost certain that even in multi-computer configurations,
that each machine needs it's own, unique number...

"Sami" <Sami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Michael,
>
> I did activation when i first time installed XP through a phone call. It
> works for few days but then it again ask for activation, this time i did
it
> through internet and it activated successfully. But what was happening
that
> if i activate one PC, some other PC on the network become de-activate and
ask
> for activation.
>
> I did one thing by reformat the whole Hard disk of on PC and then review
if
> it happens again or not. I was happy that it works and nothing happened so
> tried the same on all my Workstations. and it works. But now again it is
> asking for activation every now and then.
>
> i run regsvr32 regwizc.dll and regsvr32 licdll.dll but it also didnt work.
>
> Now what u say ?
>

> "Michael Stevens" wrote:
>
> > In news:D 26F93C7-9F9E-433E-B8C4-10E1A86D0F01@microsoft.com,
> > Sami <Sami@discussions.microsoft.com> respectfully replied ;-)
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am constantly getting a re-activation problem in Windows XP
> > > Professional Version. I have tried several things but nothing worked.
> > > Can anyone help me in this regard.
> >
> > What are the problems?
> > --
> > Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
> > xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
> > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com
> > For a better newsgroup experience. Setup a newsreader.
> > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewread...

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 1:54:29 PM

Maybe I should have said, "multi-license" configurations....

news:o f6ce.25861$Gq6.1357@fe02.lga...

!