Window XP User Sign-In E-mails waiting

Can anyone help me? I have a problem. When my computer is turned on and it is
at the user sign in screen it is supposed to show each users new e-mails by
their name. The problem is, I had to re-install windows (virus) & now MY user
name is showing MY e-mails AND another users e-mails by MY name. The other
user does not show e-mails waiting for him by HIS user name but once he goes
into his account, low and behold, the e-mails are there just like it says by
MY name.
3 answers Last reply
More about window user sign mails waiting

    Jspeed,
    Go to this link:

    D'ld to desktop and install the appropriate TweakUI for your pc. (see right
    hand side of web page)
    Run Tweak UI and double click on "Logon", then click on "Unread mail" and
    choose the appropriate options.
    Reboot.

    Teris

    "Jspeed" <Jspeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help me? I have a problem. When my computer is turned on and it
    > is
    > at the user sign in screen it is supposed to show each users new e-mails
    > by
    > their name. The problem is, I had to re-install windows (virus) & now MY
    > user
    > name is showing MY e-mails AND another users e-mails by MY name. The other
    > user does not show e-mails waiting for him by HIS user name but once he
    > goes
    > into his account, low and behold, the e-mails are there just like it says
    > by
    > MY name.

    Teris, I downloaded TweakUI it to my desktop but when I click on the icon it
    is saying it "not a valid Win32 application"

    Thanks so much for your help.

    "Teris" wrote:

    > Jspeed,
    > Go to this link:
    >
    > D'ld to desktop and install the appropriate TweakUI for your pc. (see right
    > hand side of web page)
    > Run Tweak UI and double click on "Logon", then click on "Unread mail" and
    > choose the appropriate options.
    > Reboot.
    >
    > Teris
    >
    > "Jspeed" <Jspeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone help me? I have a problem. When my computer is turned on and it
    > > is
    > > at the user sign in screen it is supposed to show each users new e-mails
    > > by
    > > their name. The problem is, I had to re-install windows (virus) & now MY
    > > user
    > > name is showing MY e-mails AND another users e-mails by MY name. The other
    > > user does not show e-mails waiting for him by HIS user name but once he
    > > goes
    > > into his account, low and behold, the e-mails are there just like it says
    > > by
    > > MY name.

    There are two reasons that I know of for this error.

    A) The downloaded file is corrupted.
    B) You downloaded the 64 bit patch in error (the second Tweak UI for
    Itanium).

    Either redownload TweakUI again making sure it is the first Tweak UI (147kb)
    listed and NOT the Tweak UI for Itanium OR go to Doug Knox's site and simply
    use his xp_mailnotify_all.vbs file.

    First before going any further, I would create a restore point prior to
    doing any further changes to your system as a precaution.
    (Start, All Programs, Accessories, Systems Tools, sytem restore, select
    create a restore point, type a name for this restore point, click next etc)

    Doug Knox's site is: http://www.dougknox.com/
    1.Click on Win XP Fixes (left hand side) then click on "Disable/Enable
    Unread Mail Notifications".
    2.Download xp_mailnotify_all.vbs file. Save to desktop and then double
    click the file to run.
    3.Reboot pc.

    > Teris, I downloaded TweakUI it to my desktop but when I click on the icon
    > it
    > is saying it "not a valid Win32 application"
    >
    > Thanks so much for your help.
    >
    > "Teris" wrote:
    >
    >> Jspeed,
    >> Go to this link:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
    >>
    >> D'ld to desktop and install the appropriate TweakUI for your pc. (see
    >> right
    >> hand side of web page)
    >> Run Tweak UI and double click on "Logon", then click on "Unread mail" and
    >> choose the appropriate options.
    >> Reboot.
    >>
    >> Teris
    >>
    >> "Jspeed" <Jspeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Can anyone help me? I have a problem. When my computer is turned on and
    >> > it
    >> > is
    >> > at the user sign in screen it is supposed to show each users new
    >> > e-mails
    >> > by
    >> > their name. The problem is, I had to re-install windows (virus) & now
    >> > MY
    >> > user
    >> > name is showing MY e-mails AND another users e-mails by MY name. The
    >> > other
    >> > user does not show e-mails waiting for him by HIS user name but once he
    >> > goes
    >> > into his account, low and behold, the e-mails are there just like it
    >> > says
    >> > by
    >> > MY name.

Microsoft Windows XP