Cannot Copy and paste

For some reason I have lost my ability to cut and paste from one program to
another. It doesn't matter what program I am trying to paste to. Right
click doesn't work and Control-V doesn't work either. When I try to paste,
all I get is a cursur where the paste should be. When I open Clipbrd.exe
nothing shows in the clipboard. Re-booting doesn't fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot copy paste

    I would try SFC, and if no help, then a Repair, or 'upgrade' setup of XP

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
    2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

    If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
    a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)

    875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350
    How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8648BC39-CA3B-478A-93A6-2D56D95AC87B@microsoft.com...
    > For some reason I have lost my ability to cut and paste from one program to
    > another. It doesn't matter what program I am trying to paste to. Right
    > click doesn't work and Control-V doesn't work either. When I try to paste,
    > all I get is a cursur where the paste should be. When I open Clipbrd.exe
    > nothing shows in the clipboard. Re-booting doesn't fix the problem.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thank you

Support Microsoft Windows XP