Cannot Copy and paste

April 28, 2005 11:08:05 AM

For some reason I have lost my ability to cut and paste from one program to
another. It doesn't matter what program I am trying to paste to. Right
click doesn't work and Control-V doesn't work either. When I try to paste,
all I get is a cursur where the paste should be. When I open Clipbrd.exe
nothing shows in the clipboard. Re-booting doesn't fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

More about : copy paste

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 11:24:30 AM

I would try SFC, and if no help, then a Repair, or 'upgrade' setup of XP

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350
How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)