WM10 DVD Problem

Rich

I am running a Dell 8400 with WindowsXP.
I get the following error when trying to play a DVD in WM10:
"Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a problem occurred while
configuring copyright protection." It then refers me to error C00D1167. I
ran the Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility and it finds a compatible
decoder. I have PowerDVD. I can play a DVD in PowerDVD ok. These are legit
DVD's, not copies.
I uninstalled the DVD drive and rebooted. I reloaded PowerDVD. I searched
for new drivers and I have the latest.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Rich

C00D1167: A problem occurred with copyright protection
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx#c00d1167_0x00000000

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"rich" wrote:

| I am running a Dell 8400 with WindowsXP.
| I get the following error when trying to play a DVD in WM10:
| "Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a problem occurred while
| configuring copyright protection." It then refers me to error C00D1167. I
| ran the Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility and it finds a compatible
| decoder. I have PowerDVD. I can play a DVD in PowerDVD ok. These are legit
| DVD's, not copies.
| I uninstalled the DVD drive and rebooted. I reloaded PowerDVD. I searched
| for new drivers and I have the latest.
| Any ideas?
| Thanks.
| Rich

Rich

Thanks, but I already went that route. I already have SP2 with all the
latest updates.

> C00D1167: A problem occurred with copyright protection
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx#c00d1167_0x00000000
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "rich" wrote:
>
> | I am running a Dell 8400 with WindowsXP.
> | I get the following error when trying to play a DVD in WM10:
> | "Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a problem occurred
> while
> | configuring copyright protection." It then refers me to error C00D1167.
> | ran the Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility and it finds a
> compatible
> | decoder. I have PowerDVD. I can play a DVD in PowerDVD ok. These are
> legit
> | DVD's, not copies.
> | I uninstalled the DVD drive and rebooted. I reloaded PowerDVD. I
> searched
> | for new drivers and I have the latest.
> | Any ideas?
> | Thanks.
> | Rich

Rich:
2 things you might try: Open WMP10 - Help - Check for player updates
(possible that with SP2 installed there might be some ?)
Go the the left side of the screen here and check out Windows Media - WMP
discussion. Possibly the Dell Forums also ?
HTH

"rich" wrote:

> Thanks, but I already went that route. I already have SP2 with all the
> latest updates.

> > C00D1167: A problem occurred with copyright protection
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx#c00d1167_0x00000000
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP - Shell/User
> > Microsoft Newsgroups
> >
> > Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > "rich" wrote:
> >
> > | I am running a Dell 8400 with WindowsXP.
> > | I get the following error when trying to play a DVD in WM10:
> > | "Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a problem occurred
> > while
> > | configuring copyright protection." It then refers me to error C00D1167.
> > | ran the Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility and it finds a
> > compatible
> > | decoder. I have PowerDVD. I can play a DVD in PowerDVD ok. These are
> > legit
> > | DVD's, not copies.
> > | I uninstalled the DVD drive and rebooted. I reloaded PowerDVD. I
> > searched
> > | for new drivers and I have the latest.
> > | Any ideas?
> > | Thanks.
> > | Rich

Rich

Thanks. Been there.Done that!! I haven't spent too much time on the Forums.
It's not that important. I can use PowerDVD. It's just been really bugging
me why I can't get WM to work. I probably should be spending my time doing
something more constructive!