Wireless Network.Limited or no Connectivity. Strange Probl..

Hi There.
I am new to wireless networking and i seem to have a very strange problem. I
bought a netgear dg834gt adsl router. now i have been able to set that up
fine with my pc via ethernet cable. when i disable the security on my
wireless network my laptop connects to the network no problem. As soon as i
enable wep security and try to connect with the laptop using my 13 digit code
the laptop connects with limited or no connectivity. If i change the
securitysetting to WPA-PSK the laptop connects no problems. Now i have
recently bought the netgear mp101 mp3 streamer and thats not compatible with
WPA-PSK so im back to WEP encription and the laptop again connects with
limited or no connectivity. Now in my router setup i have added the laptops
MAC addres and still no luck. Can anyone help???
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless network limited connectivity strange probl

    You need to check with Netgear support or post to a general networking
    newsgroup. This newsgroup is for Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware
    and software only.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Saffa" <Saffa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > Hi There.
    > I am new to wireless networking and i seem to have a very strange problem.
    > bought a netgear dg834gt adsl router. now i have been able to set that up
    > fine with my pc via ethernet cable. when i disable the security on my
    > wireless network my laptop connects to the network no problem. As soon as
    > enable wep security and try to connect with the laptop using my 13 digit
    > code
    > the laptop connects with limited or no connectivity. If i change the
    > securitysetting to WPA-PSK the laptop connects no problems. Now i have
    > recently bought the netgear mp101 mp3 streamer and thats not compatible
    > with
    > WPA-PSK so im back to WEP encription and the laptop again connects with
    > limited or no connectivity. Now in my router setup i have added the
    > laptops
    > MAC addres and still no luck. Can anyone help???

Routers Laptops Connectivity Wireless Network Networking