Wireless Network.Limited or no Connectivity. Strange Probl..

Last response: in Networking
a b D Laptop
September 6, 2005 9:16:36 PM

Hi There.
I am new to wireless networking and i seem to have a very strange problem. I
bought a netgear dg834gt adsl router. now i have been able to set that up
fine with my pc via ethernet cable. when i disable the security on my
wireless network my laptop connects to the network no problem. As soon as i
enable wep security and try to connect with the laptop using my 13 digit code
the laptop connects with limited or no connectivity. If i change the
securitysetting to WPA-PSK the laptop connects no problems. Now i have
recently bought the netgear mp101 mp3 streamer and thats not compatible with
WPA-PSK so im back to WEP encription and the laptop again connects with
limited or no connectivity. Now in my router setup i have added the laptops
MAC addres and still no luck. Can anyone help???
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 6, 2005 10:07:41 PM

You need to check with Netgear support or post to a general networking
newsgroup. This newsgroup is for Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware
and software only.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC