chkdsk error - disk read only

Craig

hi, i'm trying to complete a chkdsk on my drive & it is finding errors "
CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...Deleting index entry
autosave.sgp in index $I30 of file 42839. Index verification completed.
Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode.
C:\>
it also says "WARNING! F parameter not specified. Running CHKDSK in
read-only mode."
can this be corrected? the reason for checking my disk is that programs and
commands entered to various are responding very slow. anywhere from 8 to 15
seconds. any and all help would be greatly appreciated. thank you... craig

If you are running chkdsk by selection from your drive properties error
checking option - check fix errors selection. CHKDSK will run at next
startup - if options not checked CHKDSK runs immediately without fixing
errors. Running CHKDSK from a command prompt requires the "\F" switch to
force repairs.

AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL

Craig