Disk Defragmenter and ODBC error

April 28, 2005 12:32:05 PM

When I try to start Defrag I recieve the message Disk Defragmenter can not
run because of errors in the ODBC.INI file.
I am running XP SP-2
My ODBC is as follows:

[ODBC 32 bit Data Sources]
cw=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) (32 bit)
ECDCMusic=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) (32 bit)
[cw]
Driver32=C:\WINDOWS\System32\odbcjt32.dll
[ECDCMusic]

Thanx
Driver32=C:\WINDOWS\System32\odbcjt32.dll
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 6:31:25 PM

Disk Defragmenter doesn't use ODBC for anything. I suspect file system
issues. Run CHKDSK /R on the drive and see if CHKDSK finds/fixes any
problems.

- Greg/Raxco Software
Microsoft MVP - Windows File System

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a
commercial defrag utility, as a systems engineer in the support department.

Want to email me? Delete ntloader.

"striderlonghorn" <striderlonghorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D 114297E-59CB-4A31-B936-C51632A63650@microsoft.com...

!