wrong RAM

browny

would my PC blow up if i put in a card of RAM that doesnt go with my computer?

It won't "blow up", but it may not start correctly.
Visit www.crucial.com to determine the type
of RAM that is required for your PC.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Browny" wrote:

| would my PC blow up if i put in a card of RAM that doesnt go with my computer?

browny

ok i understand that website, now you say it wont start correctly, does this
mean if i take it out it will be back to normal

Yes!

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"browny" wrote:

| ok i understand that website, now you say it wont start correctly, does this
| mean if i take it out it will be back to normal

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

Browny wrote:

> would my PC blow up if i put in a card of RAM that
> doesnt go with my computer?

Chances are that it would not fit. Each type of RAM is
different either in size or in where the little notches are
in the side where it goes into the motherboard.

Cheers,

Cliff

Jimmy;
You would be suprised at the number of Clients that I have seen that have
INDEED installed incorrect Ram Chips in a slot!
It is less common than it use to be but they still do it!

"Jimmy" <jtscheinb@comcast.net> wrote in message
Ram is keyed specifically to fit certain mother boards slots.
I don't think it is possible to install the incorrect RAMM(Random Access
Memory Module)

--
JAMES SCHEINBAUM
jtscheinb@comcast.net

Rattleon wrote:
> Jimmy;
> You would be suprised at the number of Clients that I have seen that have
> INDEED installed incorrect Ram Chips in a slot!
> It is less common than it use to be but they still do it!
>
> "Jimmy" <jtscheinb@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Ram is keyed specifically to fit certain mother boards slots.
> I don't think it is possible to install the incorrect RAMM(Random Access
> Memory Module)

If you use a big enough hammer, almost anything can be made to "fit." ;-}

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Reminds me of old time tube TV's. You wouldn't believe how many sets moved 7
pin tubes to 9 pin sockets or similar. Of course the set owners hadn't
touched it.
SG