Diablo 2 wont run on windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankins

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
Hello,
i'm trying to run an older game called Daiblo 2 Lord of Destruction. The game seemed to install fine, but every time I try to play it it gives me a Critical Error 22 (Something involing the directdraw). I can't see what's wrong because I just formated and installed my windows 7 ultimate 64bit and updated it before even intstalling the game. Anyone want to shed some light on this matter?

Solution
I think you need to dual install a compatible version of windows and play using that. I can't be of much more help than that but I am about to look into this because I'm sure I will have similar issues when trying to play some of my older games.

Renseru

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I think you need to dual install a compatible version of windows and play using that. I can't be of much more help than that but I am about to look into this because I'm sure I will have similar issues when trying to play some of my older games.

Solution

isamuelson

Distinguished
Diablo II runs just fine in Windows 7. I'm running on Windows 7 64-bit. Just be sure you download the latest patches and then set the icon's compatibility mode to XP. After that, it should run just fine.

BTW, I have the Diablo II Battle Chest version which includes the LOD expansion. Again, it all installed and runs just fine on my machine. Didn't have to dual-install.

Now, for Diablo 1, I just set up a virtual machine using Vmware (which does 3d acceleration which is not necessary for Diablo 1) and it runs fine there.

Beleth

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
I have windows 7 and I've installed Diablo LOD and also made the compadablity for the program runs under XP but the game will not works still... Im unsure what I may have down wrong and I have uninstalled and reinstalled with every veriance that I can think of, but alas I'm still stumped. Help anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.