List of Programs

I need to know how to shorten the list of programs listed. I want to make
folders and then put items into the folders. Example: All internet links into
Internet folder, All programs that I use for work in a folder that is named
office.

listed where in the start menu, on the desk top or under my computer, brian

"Rhonda" wrote:

> I need to know how to shorten the list of programs listed. I want to make
> folders and then put items into the folders. Example: All internet links into
> Internet folder, All programs that I use for work in a folder that is named
> office.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Rhonda wrote:

> I need to know how to shorten the list of programs listed. I want to make
> folders and then put items into the folders. Example: All internet links into
> Internet folder, All programs that I use for work in a folder that is named
> office.

In Windows Explorer navigate to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users

I am assuming XP is installed to C: drive, if not, navigate to the drive
that it is installed to.

There, make new folders with names like Utilities, Games, Internet, Word
Processors

etc... whatever you like.

Drag the existing folders or files you find there into the appropriate
new folders.

You can customize things for individual users as well.

C:\Documents and Settings\Rhonda

If that folder exists can be rearranged just to your liking and it won't
affect other users that log in under different account names.

John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

John wrote:

> Rhonda wrote:
>
>> I need to know how to shorten the list of programs listed. I want to
>> make folders and then put items into the folders. Example: All
>> internet links into Internet folder, All programs that I use for work
>> in a folder that is named office.
>

> In Windows Explorer navigate to:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
>
> I am assuming XP is installed to C: drive, if not, navigate to the drive
> that it is installed to.
>
> There, make new folders with names like Utilities, Games, Internet, Word
> Processors
>
> etc... whatever you like.
>
> Drag the existing folders or files you find there into the appropriate
> new folders.
>
> You can customize things for individual users as well.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Rhonda
>
> If that folder exists can be rearranged just to your liking and it won't
> affect other users that log in under different account names.
>
> John

Correction:

Make that C:\Documents and Settings\Start Menu\Programs

Sorry about that,
John

Have another go, third time lucky.