keep getting blue screen of doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

I have done everything that i can think of in fixing the problem. It started
after i updated the aduio driver through windows update. I rolled back the
driver and it still does it. It is an old dell laptop 3800 with 192 ram
600MHz CPU. I even checked the ram with memtest86. I also ran microsoft
antispyware, hijack this, adaware, spybot and avast anti-virus. all came up
with nothing. If any one have a sugestion please fell free to tell me what i
should do now.
Thanks Curt

"Curtis" <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have done everything that i can think of in fixing the problem. It
>started
> after i updated the aduio driver through windows update. I rolled back the
> driver and it still does it. It is an old dell laptop 3800 with 192 ram
> 600MHz CPU. I even checked the ram with memtest86. I also ran microsoft
> antispyware, hijack this, adaware, spybot and avast anti-virus. all came
> up
> with nothing. If any one have a sugestion please fell free to tell me what
> should do now.
> Thanks Curt

Make note of the stop information on the error screen (and any file names if
listed), and post back here