Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows Store isn't available on Windows To Go workspaces.

Last response: in Windows 8
August 20, 2012 9:12:45 PM

I just installed Windows 8 on my work PC and connected it up to the domain. Installation went smoothly and did not have any problems.

After I first installed I was able to access the store and install free apps. But now, when I open the store I am greeted by a page that says "Windows Store isn't available on Windows To Go workspaces." I don't understand this because I m using an activated version of Windows 8 pro.

Are domain users not allowed to use the store?
August 22, 2012 6:05:48 AM

normz said:
I just installed Windows 8 on my work PC and connected it up to the domain. Installation went smoothly and did not have any problems.

After I first installed I was able to access the store and install free apps. But now, when I open the store I am greeted by a page that says "Windows Store isn't available on Windows To Go workspaces." I don't understand this because I m using an activated version of Windows 8 pro.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/hyperyash/archive/2012/08/15/en...
m
l
August 22, 2012 3:33:01 PM

I guess I can try that.. I really want to know why it thinks I am using Windows to Go when I am not even using Win8 Enterpris...
m
l
Related resources
November 1, 2012 3:41:32 PM

on my computer this problem seems to have been triggered by plugging in my old system drive with a SATA/USB adapter.
m
l
November 3, 2012 1:36:58 PM

Not sure why my computer even thought is was a Windows To Go workspace in the first place, but that website had the answer for me. I hit the windows+R to get the run box and typed in gpedit.msc and hit return and followed the directions on the website. easy. 30 seconds. Store is up and running and I was able to download a new app and get the updates. thanks for posing the URL!!!
m
l

Best solution

November 20, 2012 12:20:28 PM

Quote:
on my computer this problem seems to have been triggered by plugging in my old system drive with a SATA/USB adapter.

This is exactly what happened to me. Rather than just using a bandaid fix, I looked into fixing the issue... turns out, it was very easy:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/W8ITProWT...

Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue.
May 28, 2014 10:10:48 PM

normz said:

m
l
!