Solved

Windows Store isn't available on Windows To Go workspaces.

I just installed Windows 8 on my work PC and connected it up to the domain. Installation went smoothly and did not have any problems.

After I first installed I was able to access the store and install free apps. But now, when I open the store I am greeted by a page that says "Windows Store isn't available on Windows To Go workspaces." I don't understand this because I m using an activated version of Windows 8 pro.

Are domain users not allowed to use the store?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows store windows workspaces
  1. normz said:
    I just installed Windows 8 on my work PC and connected it up to the domain. Installation went smoothly and did not have any problems.

After I first installed I was able to access the store and install free apps. But now, when I open the store I am greeted by a page that says "Windows Store isn't available on Windows To Go workspaces." I don't understand this because I m using an activated version of Windows 8 pro.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/hyperyash/archive/2012/08/15/enabling-windows-store-on-windows-to-go-machines.aspx
  2. I guess I can try that.. I really want to know why it thinks I am using Windows to Go when I am not even using Win8 Enterpris...
  3. on my computer this problem seems to have been triggered by plugging in my old system drive with a SATA/USB adapter.
  4. blink84 said:

Not sure why my computer even thought is was a Windows To Go workspace in the first place, but that website had the answer for me. I hit the windows+R to get the run box and typed in gpedit.msc and hit return and followed the directions on the website. easy. 30 seconds. Store is up and running and I was able to download a new app and get the updates. thanks for posing the URL!!!
  5. Best answer
    Quote:
    on my computer this problem seems to have been triggered by plugging in my old system drive with a SATA/USB adapter.

This is exactly what happened to me. Rather than just using a bandaid fix, I looked into fixing the issue... turns out, it was very easy:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/W8ITProWTG/thread/af05f60a-4cb0-4561-b49f-71938dad6853

Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue.
  6. normz said:

Ask a new question

Read More

Domain Windows 8