Auto arrange keeps reappearing

Tags:
  • Quick Launch
  • Windows XP
April 29, 2005 1:14:22 AM

I wish to reposition icons on the desktop and so 'unclick' aurtoarrange and
move them. But when I switch off and start up again they are all back on
the grid on the left of the screen and auto arrange is back on.
Maybe connected is the fact that the quick launch taskbar isn't there at
switch on. If I click to show the quick launch it reappears but again it
disappears when I re-boot.
Help!

Brian Frith

More about : auto arrange reappearing

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 1:14:23 AM

after changes click on on lock again to srore them, brian

"Brian Frith" wrote:

> I wish to reposition icons on the desktop and so 'unclick' aurtoarrange and
> move them. But when I switch off and start up again they are all back on
> the grid on the left of the screen and auto arrange is back on.
> Maybe connected is the fact that the quick launch taskbar isn't there at
> switch on. If I click to show the quick launch it reappears but again it
> disappears when I re-boot.
> Help!
>
> Brian Frith

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 12:53:13 AM

I've tried that ... many times! .... but auto arrange sets itself on and the
quick launch bar disappears at each re-start.

Brian

!