Problem with Paperboy Monitor

Hi there... Sorry if this is a little long... but I appreciate any help
anyone can give me.

My Paperboy was working fine... then the left speaker stopped working.
I switched wires from one speaker to the other and found it was the
wires that had the prob, not the speakers. I followed the wires down to
the cpu and saw it was terribly dirty.

After cleaning the connection, the speakers worked fine...

SO, I try to play the game and realize there's a slight shadow/imprint
on the images. The paperboy look duplicated, the street is double
vision etc. So I give the handle bars a little nudge to try to get it
to fix itself... suddenly the monitor goes all dark. Not dark as in
nothing, but dark as in Night vision goggles dark. You can barely make
out what is happening.

I open the back panel and adjust the screen button and the focus
button... it's a little better but not the way it should be.... so I
continue playing and he crashes into a car. The Crash made the screen
jump back into normal mode. I can see everything correctly (with the
exception that the screen is still doubled a bit).

I'm afraid to move the game back against the wall as the movement might
adjust the screen again. I tried playing one more time and it seems
that any hard movement will cause the screen to go "black" again.

What is happening? What do I need to do to fix this?? Please help me.
I'm hesistant to play around with the monitor as I know that certain
things shouldn't be touched... thanks in advance for your help..

Kim

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

if the speaker connector need cleaqning then.....clean all of them..