THG's article on ATi cheating

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
Sooo what do u guys think? I just hope the new drivers from nVidia can pump up the 6800Ultra big time :D

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Leave it to nVidia to release magic driver's for a card that cant even be bought in stores.....lame.

<A HREF="http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf" target="_new">All your base are belong to us.</A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2216718" target="_new"><b>3DMark03</b></A>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
i donno ask Coolsquirtle

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
yes u can buy it! IN ASIA!! :D

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
STOP TURNING THIS INTO A SICKO THREAD!! I AM WARNING YOU!

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
Why do you love nvidia so much?
cuz it owns? :smile:

but, seriously, this is not about love. ... I have TWO business degrees. and what do I do with my life? I manage networks. why? because I am allergic to bullshit. and BULLSHIT is what corporate life is all about. no… you don’t want me to get started on this.

<font color=green>"The creative powers of English morphology are pathetic compared to what we find in other languages." (Steven Pinker, The Language Instinct)</font color=green> :cool:

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
Leave it to nVidia to release magic driver's for a card that cant even be bought in stores.....lame.
Okay. I’ve had it with you, chauvinistic a$$hole! Shut the [-peep-] UP!.moron. Even GGApe can see reason once in a while. But you are a hopeless fanatic. As far as I am concerned you can copy/paste 30 more vertex/pixel shader articles and make them stickies. I ain’t reading any of your carap.

<font color=green>"The creative powers of English morphology are pathetic compared to what we find in other languages." (Steven Pinker, The Language Instinct)</font color=green> :cool:

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
Chauvinistic? Slava are you a girl? Or did you just feel like one when you wrote that?

tee hee :cool:

He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it, hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart. -C.S. Lewis

MrPanther0

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
uh wtf slava.
Iv seen alot of GW's posts, he knows his [-peep-]. You seem to know alot too, but what he said IS [-peep-] true. NO ONE can buy that card. So who cares what these new drivers do.

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
STOP TURNING THIS INTO A SICKO THREAD!! I AM WARNING YOU!
(buys Coolsquirtle a tripple scotch (neat) with a Guinness chaser.)

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
Chauvinistic? Slava are you a girl?
LOL! the best comeback in months :lol: put a smile on my drunken face. Yeah. sometimes I wish I were a girl and considering how handsome I am, I am sure I could conquer the world IF I had a p.u.s.s.y. :lol:

splenda20

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
Usually I get annoyed with GW too.. But there was nothing wrong with his comment about the irony of NVidia releasing a <i>great</i> driver for a card that can't be bought in any store.

I haven't read THG's article yet, I'll do it now. As for NV new driver, can anyone post a link to some benchies

The funny thing is that he has a point which many people got and you missed.

The card isn't in wide circulation and it's already got a major driver release. That's freakin' Classic. There's now been 3 sets of drivers since the GF6800 announced and was initially reviewed. Yet, still no cards in stores. All this from a company that just last year said they wanted to cut down on the number of drivers they released per year, perhaps moving to 1 or 2 a year. Well that doesn't seem to be the case no does it.

So what is your gripe about? Since the release of the X800 there has been one driver release, and a leaked beta so far.

I see reason quite often, but now the question is whether you can see it yourself, and even more importantly, can you see the irony in what nV is doing, regardless of all else?

I suspect the new drivers will likely incorporate some run-time compiler aspects to it, but we'll find out soon enough.

The real question is what can the PowerVR-5 do with their Magic drivers. And what about the OmegaChrome do with it's etherial drivers?

Stil boils down to evenly matched AGP cards trying to convince the masses that they are future proof. Now that's just about as funny as 3 driver releases for a paper launch.

Now if only XGI launched another set of drivers so we all could have a laugh TOGETHER, hey wait they just did. :lol:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Funny that Lars shows the X800s filtering at off angles against the MS raster, but not the GF6800.

According to <A HREF="http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/gffx/nv40-rx800-3.html" target="_new">Digit-Life's article</A>, there's something he missed there. But I'm sure that was just oversight.

I don't mind the Adaptive filtering so much as the inability to turn it off, but I guess this has been discussed 8 ways from sunday already so..... where's them magic drivers!?!

Gonna go try those new Catalyst Beta drivers just to see what happens (I expect my monitor to blow up, cause nV X-rayed my Chip! :evil: ).

Still waiting for an increase in IQ, both in the forums and in my games. :tongue:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Still waiting for an increase in IQ, both in the forums and in my games.
I have hopes for your games at least :tongue:

<A HREF="http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf" target="_new">All your base are belong to us.</A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2216718" target="_new"><b>3DMark03</b></A>