Scheduling Disk Defragmenter

I used the wizard to schedule this task,however,when it starts,it only
displays the disk defragmenter window but it will not start by itself.In
other words,I still need to physically move the cursor over the defragment
button and click on it in order to start the task.

How can I make this scheduled task to start by itself?

"gcopter" <gcopter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used the wizard to schedule this task,however,when it starts,it only
> displays the disk defragmenter window but it will not start by
> itself.In
> other words,I still need to physically move the cursor over the
> defragment
> button and click on it in order to start the task.
>
> How can I make this scheduled task to start by itself?

How to Automate Disk Defragmenter Using Task Scheduler Tool in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555098

--
William