Accidental reinstallation of windows XP pro

I was trying to reinstall Internet Explorer and got the failure message the
version you are trying to install is older than the version on the PC, so I
decided not to. My wife booted up the PC the next day and didn't know I had
the XP reinstall disk in and it reinstalled windows XP pro. Now I can't
access the programs that I had previously installed and am having problems
reinstalling those programs. Help.

I find it kind of hard to think that someone "accidentally" installed
something that requires about a dozen active choices, keyboard entries and
mouse clicks along with a couple of reboots.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Warren in CS FL" <Warren in CS FL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:DC6B4BF5-3083-4E2F-9462-6D445686CF6B@microsoft.com...
>I was trying to reinstall Internet Explorer and got the failure message the
> version you are trying to install is older than the version on the PC, so
> decided not to. My wife booted up the PC the next day and didn't know I
> had
> the XP reinstall disk in and it reinstalled windows XP pro. Now I can't
> access the programs that I had previously installed and am having problems
> reinstalling those programs. Help.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Warren in CS FL wrote:

> I was trying to reinstall Internet Explorer and got the failure message the
> version you are trying to install is older than the version on the PC, so I
> decided not to. My wife booted up the PC the next day and didn't know I had
> the XP reinstall disk in and it reinstalled windows XP pro. Now I can't
> access the programs that I had previously installed and am having problems
> reinstalling those programs. Help.

Well obviously she made a mistake somewhere in the install process :)

Just re-install XP. You're data and programs went bye-bye anyway so you
have nothing to lose.

LOL,
John