Hi,
I am trying to get a MN-520 to work with a Comcast (linksys) WCG-200
gateway. If I connect my MN-500 to the gateway, the MN-520 seems to work for
a few seconds (I am sure both 2.4g devices are interfering), but the MN-500
connection seems to happen with no problem. yet the Linlsys/Comcast box will
nto connect at all.

Also, I am not sure I have the current drivers and every link I have seen in
posts heres does not work. And the Microsoft hardwrae support area seems to
ignore the 500 series, where are the current drivers for this card?
Thanks
Ted

If you are connecting a MN500 to a WCG200, the MN500 needs to be in
access point mode. Otherwise you have two routers and double NAT.Why
are you trying to use two routers? The MN 520 should work fine with
the WCG 200. You will need to get the actual HEX key from the 200 and
use that and NOT the password to configure WEP on the MN520.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

Hi,

First, I am not trying to use the WCG200 and MN-500 together, the point I
was trying to make was that the MN-520 ddi appwar t work with the MN-500 but
not the WCG-200. The MN-500 was only connected as a test.

As far as the hex code, you mean the WEP code?

The MN-500 doesn't even seem to be able to get past the ID stage.

Is the software that came with the MN-520 XP compatible? We get a message
that it is not compatible with our version of Windows, but I cannot find any
updates on the Microsoft website.

Thanks
Ted

"Barb Bowman MVP-Windows" wrote:

> If you are connecting a MN500 to a WCG200, the MN500 needs to be in
> access point mode. Otherwise you have two routers and double NAT.Why
> are you trying to use two routers? The MN 520 should work fine with
> the WCG 200. You will need to get the actual HEX key from the 200 and
> use that and NOT the password to configure WEP on the MN520.
>
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 07:12:03 -0700, "TedT"
> <TedT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >I am trying to get a MN-520 to work with a Comcast (linksys) WCG-200
> >gateway. If I connect my MN-500 to the gateway, the MN-520 seems to work for
> >a few seconds (I am sure both 2.4g devices are interfering), but the MN-500
> >connection seems to happen with no problem. yet the Linlsys/Comcast box will
> >nto connect at all.
> >
> >Also, I am not sure I have the current drivers and every link I have seen in
> >posts heres does not work. And the Microsoft hardwrae support area seems to
> >ignore the 500 series, where are the current drivers for this card?
> >Thanks
> >Ted
> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP
> Expert Zone Columnist
> http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/

do NOT use the software that came with the MN-520 to manage it. Use
the built in features of Windows XP. Exit the utility and remove it
from the startup group. Reboot. You should have an icon in the
notification area that will let you View Wireless Networks. It should
find the wireless on the WCG fine. Then enter the HEX key. WEP code is
not an accurate term. A WEP key can be an ASCII or a HEX Key. Key is
what you want. The WCG displays the actual HEX key from the
administrative pages on the WCG. Use that HEX key and not the
passphrase you used to create that HEX key.

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 12:48:04 -0700, "TedT"

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

Hi Barb,
Before I saw your reply, I did find the latest "broadband networking
utility" software and downloaded it, and installed it. The card and the
software now are working. I ahve not yet tryed to use the XP softwrae to
runt he wireless.

I did enter the WEP (hex code) as well and all seems to be fine.