Task Manager is disabled

April 29, 2005 4:08:01 AM

When I try to use ctrl+alt+del to try and close a program I get the message
"Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator". I'm the only person
that uses this computer and I was wondering how I could turn it back on so I
can use it, as I didnt turn it off.

More about : task manager disabled

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 4:30:36 AM

"Bergund" <Bergund@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to use ctrl+alt+del to try and close a program I get the
> message
> "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator". I'm the only
> person
> that uses this computer and I was wondering how I could turn it back
> on so I
> can use it, as I didnt turn it off.

Hi,

Scan your system for malware and other parasites. Here are some free
programs.

Adaware SE
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download

Spybot - search and destroy

Trend Micro's Housecall

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Once your system is cleaned and free of parasites, open the registry
(Start>Run and type regedit).

Navigate to the following sub key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

In the right-hand pane, locate "DisableTaskMgr" and modify the value to
0.

And Navigate to this following sub key:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

--
William
Anonymous

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm
Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"

Also note that Malware turns on these restrictions.
You may wish to check on this:-

Ad-Aware http://www.lavasoftusa.com
SpyBot S&D http://www.safer-networking.org
CWShredder http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_downloa...

Make sure you update Ad-Aware and SpyBot before running the scan.

Information on cleaning Windows Startup: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

Also recommended is a full virus scan (which has been updated)

!