Can anyone let me know of any XY games that can make use of the G-08
moniotr besides Star Trek, Eliminator, Tac Scan, Zektor, & Space Fury?

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Searcher7@mail.con2.com wrote:
> Can anyone let me know of any XY games that can make use of the G-08
> moniotr besides Star Trek, Eliminator, Tac Scan, Zektor, & Space
Fury?

> Thanks a lot.
>
> Darren Harris
> Staten Island, New York.

Non that I know of.
I just wish we had an all in one sound board to use with the SEGA
Multigame. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person that wants this.
Is their anyone else that has Clays Sega G-80 Multigame that has been
waiting for the multi-sound card? ;-(
I think the Sega mulitgame was copyrighted 1997, WOW 8 years ago. Think
maybe we can shoot for a multi sound board on the 10 year anniversary
2007, How bout it Clay
O well Maybe someday
Sam
In Virginia

http://hometown.aol.com/sverlander/Star_Trek_Asteroids_conversion.html

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Any color xy game can use it.
but you have to switch around a couple wires.look at the pinout.
you also need a GO8 transformer to run it.

Troy,

<Searcher7@mail.con2.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone let me know of any XY games that can make use of the G-08
> moniotr besides Star Trek, Eliminator, Tac Scan, Zektor, & Space Fury?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Darren Harris
> Staten Island, New York.

So theoretically, a Star Wars PCB will work with this monitor, correct?

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.
Troy wrote:
> Any color xy game can use it.
> but you have to switch around a couple wires.look at the pinout.
> you also need a GO8 transformer to run it.
>

> Troy,
>

> <Searcher7@mail.con2.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone let me know of any XY games that can make use of the
G-08
> > moniotr besides Star Trek, Eliminator, Tac Scan, Zektor, & Space
Fury?

> > Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Darren Harris
> > Staten Island, New York.

The only easy way around the soundboard is emulation via Zektor zvg and
pc.

One of those board should do most (if not all) of the color vector
games.

-isaac

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Yup,

> So theoretically, a Star Wars PCB will work with this monitor, correct?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Darren Harris
> Staten Island, New York.

> Troy wrote:
> > Any color xy game can use it.
> > but you have to switch around a couple wires.look at the pinout.
> > you also need a GO8 transformer to run it.
> >

> > Troy,
> >

> > <Searcher7@mail.con2.com> wrote in message
> > > Can anyone let me know of any XY games that can make use of the
> G-08
> > > moniotr besides Star Trek, Eliminator, Tac Scan, Zektor, & Space
> Fury?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot.
> > >
> > > Darren Harris
> > > Staten Island, New York.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

I thought that was for the video?
you cant get all the sounds on a pc.
zektor came with a special sound board you cant emulate.
unlike other sega xy games.

Troy,

Vizilla <izwalker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The only easy way around the soundboard is emulation via Zektor zvg and
> pc.
>
> One of those board should do most (if not all) of the color vector
> games.
>
> -isaac

ohhh. news to me. are you talking about sound samples? or just the main
sound? i know its partly done. Im suprised no one has finished that
part in mame yet becuase of the lack of availability of this sound
board.

http://caesar.logiqx.com/html/emus/multi/mame/zektor.shtml

looks like its there with sound samples. i have to go find it now and
take a peek.

:$

There's at least one other person who would love to have a multi sound board
for the Sega vectors...ME!:).

Seriously, there would be interest I am sure (I know of a couple of other
people who would probably be interested, too), but as I am not privy to the
cost of making the board, I cannot speak as to whether or not there would be
enough interest to justify the cost.

I can say that if Clay or anyone ever did do it, I would be first in line to
buy it!

Would the cost be reduced significantly if Zektor itself was not included,
but Space Fury and Eliminator would be? I'd still get it, but Zektor is my
favorite of the Sega vectors...

I, too, can dream...

Jon

"Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
> not going to happen, it takes a special chip to run zektor sound board.
> way to expensive to duplicate and not enough people out there to buy it.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Zektor rules!

Troy,

jkoolpe <jkoolpe@ehs.ucsf.edu> wrote in message
> There's at least one other person who would love to have a multi sound
board
> for the Sega vectors...ME!:).
>
> Seriously, there would be interest I am sure (I know of a couple of other
> people who would probably be interested, too), but as I am not privy to
the
> cost of making the board, I cannot speak as to whether or not there would
be
> enough interest to justify the cost.
>
> I can say that if Clay or anyone ever did do it, I would be first in line
> buy it!
>
> Would the cost be reduced significantly if Zektor itself was not included,
> but Space Fury and Eliminator would be? I'd still get it, but Zektor is
my
> favorite of the Sega vectors...
>
> I, too, can dream...
>
> Jon
>
> "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
> > not going to happen, it takes a special chip to run zektor sound board.
> > way to expensive to duplicate and not enough people out there to buy it.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

the talking bosses between rounds, and the zektor girl in attact mode talks,
you need a special chip to run them.

only the other sounds can be played.

> ohhh. news to me. are you talking about sound samples? or just the main
> sound? i know its partly done. Im suprised no one has finished that
> part in mame yet becuase of the lack of availability of this sound
> board.
>
> http://caesar.logiqx.com/html/emus/multi/mame/zektor.shtml
>
> looks like its there with sound samples. i have to go find it now and
> take a peek.
>
> :$

"Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
> not going to happen, it takes a special chip to run zektor sound board.
> way to expensive to duplicate and not enough people out there to buy it.

Zektor isn't really a problem. It was just a couple different components on
an existing board.

My solution still stands as just using the original speech board with bank
switched memory and putting a daughtercard on that with a 6-channel sample
player and a microcontroller to play the other sounds.

Since I still have bare PCB's left over from the first batch of multigame
boards I ran back in 1997-98 it never seems to make it very high up on my
todo list. ;-) (I do have a boatload of sample playback chips hoarded to
make them though.)

The only think a little tricky is the loop points on some of the "long"
sounds. Keeping the U.S.B. in the stack (and just using samples for the
more "analog" sound boards) is another option.

-Clay

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Hey Clay,
finish up the Asteroids/Lunar Lander/Asteroids Deluxe Multigame kit.
I'm looking forward to that one.

Troy,

Troy <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote:
: Any color xy game can use it.
: but you have to switch around a couple wires.look at the pinout.
: you also need a GO8 transformer to run it.

....except for the input signal levels being completely different...

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

still works though, some boards you just have to change out some capacitors,
like cosmic chasm.
I don't Atari's any different. I have seen many GO8's running in a tempest.

Troy,

Mark C. Spaeth <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
> Troy <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote:
> : Any color xy game can use it.
> : but you have to switch around a couple wires.look at the pinout.
> : you also need a GO8 transformer to run it.
>
> ...except for the input signal levels being completely different...
>
> --
> Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
> 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
> Cambridge, MA 02139
> (617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill@comcast.net> wrote:

: My solution still stands as just using the original speech board with bank
: switched memory and putting a daughtercard on that with a 6-channel sample
: player and a microcontroller to play the other sounds.

Well the bank-switch speach mod is already out there. Here's another idea
for sound:

Zektor/Eliminator take the same sound boards. Can the cage run with two
sound boards in it, even assuming some kind of switching from the "which
game is running" header on the multigame ?

If so -- and there are enough spare Eliminator sound boards for the number
of multigames you sold, what would it take to burn a new rom, with Space
Fury sounds mapped to one of the other boards ?

http://www.westnet.com/

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

the problem is that zektor has the chip populated on board and Eliminator
does not.
you cant find the special sound chip.

Troy,

Troy <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote:
: the problem is that zektor has the chip populated on board and Eliminator
: does not.
: you cant find the special sound chip.

Do you mean the AT-whatever ? According to the G-08 FAQ, Zektor and
Eliminator boards are interchangeable, the AY-whatever isn't usually
populated and isn't used at all. Those are not impossible to find however.

http://www.westnet.com/

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

first off, zektor uses two sounds board.
not one like eliminator.
and the zektor chip I'm referring to is special speech board decoder chip.
those are not available. and they are not on an eliminator sound board.
so I would say they are next to impossible to find.
only if you have the original zektor board set. are you going to run zektor
with full sound.

the meatball sound board from an eliminator is interchangeable, but it does
not have the chip. so basically it's only going to work with eliminator.
and yes, it is not populated on eliminator, but it is on zektor with the
decoder chip.

Troy <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote:
: first off, zektor uses two sounds board.

Yes, but so do Space Fury and Star Trek. Speech is a completely differnt
problem. There is already a hack to use bank switching to play the voices of
all three games out of a single speech board. It's a solved problem, I'm
runnnig it.

Also, in that case I really don't know what chip you are talking about. A
Sega speech board can me made to do all three games with two EEPROMS. See
this link (among others)
http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/sega/sega_multi_speech/Sega-speech-board-hack.html

: not one like eliminator.
: and the zektor chip I'm referring to is special speech board decoder chip.

Then it's not what we're talking about. We are only talking about the sound
effects from the sound board, not speech.

http://www.westnet.com/

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

look at your zektor manual, location x30 is a speech board decoder chip.
it runs on the sound board. it's required to get all of the speech.
that's what I'm talking about.
your telling me you have this?
you are getting all of the speech sounds with out it?
it's the bosses talking between rounds and the zektor girl in attract mode.

Troy,

Troy wrote:
> Hey Clay,
> finish up the Asteroids/Lunar Lander/Asteroids Deluxe Multigame kit.
> I'm looking forward to that one.
>

> Troy,

Someone else has already done this multigame and it is still in Beta
Testing.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

cool, can't wait to hear about it.
hope they post when it's ready to buy.

Troy,

Troy <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote:
: look at your zektor manual, location x30 is a speech board decoder chip.

It's an AY-3-8912 sound generator that has nothing to do with speech.
In any case, it's not used in any Sega XY game.

You might want to read Mark Jenison's Sega X-Y FAQ - it explains all of this
http://coinop.org/kb_dl.aspx/KB/faqs/faq-segaxy_v1.6.html

: your telling me you have this?

Nope.

: you are getting all of the speech sounds with out it?

Yup. I'm getting all of the Zektor sounds with a Star Trek Universal sound board,
no Meatball/Eliminator sound card at all.

: it's the bosses talking between rounds and the zektor girl in attract mode.

Yup. Got it. No game sounds of course. THAT's why we are talking about being able
to use multiple sound cards.

http://www.westnet.com/

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

well, it exist, because it's used on my zektor board set.
so why is it on my board set, if it's not used?
and in the manual it called a speech board decoder chip.

> Troy <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote:
> : look at your zektor manual, location x30 is a speech board decoder chip.
>
> It's an AY-3-8912 sound generator that has nothing to do with speech.
> In any case, it's not used in any Sega XY game.
>
> You might want to read Mark Jenison's Sega X-Y FAQ - it explains all of
this
> http://coinop.org/kb_dl.aspx/KB/faqs/faq-segaxy_v1.6.html
>
> : your telling me you have this?
>
> Nope.
>
> : you are getting all of the speech sounds with out it?
>
> Yup. I'm getting all of the Zektor sounds with a Star Trek Universal sound
board,
> no Meatball/Eliminator sound card at all.
>
> : it's the bosses talking between rounds and the zektor girl in attract
mode.

> Yup. Got it. No game sounds of course. THAT's why we are talking about
being able
> to use multiple sound cards.

> Chris Candreva -- chris@westnet.com -- (914) 967-7816
> WestNet Internet Services of Westchester
> http://www.westnet.com/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts