Please Recommend me a Good Business/University Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dm287

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
1. What is your budget?

Preferably under $700 after tax.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Something between 13-15 inch. It needs to be portable, but not too small that I can't multitask well.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Not really too much of an issue. Just standard 1366x768 will do.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable. It's mainly for schoolwork and business; not really for gaming.

5. How much battery life do you need?

This is the biggest factor. The more the better.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

No, not at all. I have a good computer for this. Something that can run Portal 2 on the lowest settings smoothly would be nice, but again this is not a priority.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

None.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Not an issue.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

I'd like it to last at least 2-3 years ideally...not really looking to buy another laptop until I graduate.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Not important

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I like Samsung, since I've had good products from them before, and have seen really good quality (in aluminum laptops especially).

13. What country do you live in?

Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I'd prefer an aluminum laptop. I'm looking at this one specifically actually, since I have a friend who has it and says it's built quite well: http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/laptops/NP-QX411-W01US-features

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.