Some Guidance on Wireless Distance Performance Improvement

I just need some education please. I just set up a Qwest Actiontec modem.
My primary PC is hooked to it via Ethernet. I turned on the wireless gateway
of the modem. On my second PC, which is two floors away and on opposite
sides of the home, I connected a Linksys Speed booster USB wireless adaptor.
All is working well, but my PC which is two floors away is at about 1/2 of
the speed of the primary PC (1.25 MB/s versus 600KB/s). I would like to
maximize my performance on the lesser speed PC. Any recommendations on what
is the best to do to increase my performance with the distance separation in
my home? Thanks in advance.--
Bobby D.

You may want to locate a Qwest forum or support information on the hardware
they're furnishing you, or check in the Linksys support area. This
newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software
only.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC