Some Guidance on Wireless Distance Performance Improvement

I just need some education please. I just set up a Qwest Actiontec modem.
My primary PC is hooked to it via Ethernet. I turned on the wireless gateway
of the modem. On my second PC, which is two floors away and on opposite
sides of the home, I connected a Linksys Speed booster USB wireless adaptor.
All is working well, but my PC which is two floors away is at about 1/2 of
the speed of the primary PC (1.25 MB/s versus 600KB/s). I would like to
maximize my performance on the lesser speed PC. Any recommendations on what
is the best to do to increase my performance with the distance separation in
my home? Thanks in advance.--
Bobby D.
1 answer Last reply
More about some guidance wireless distance performance improvement

    You may want to locate a Qwest forum or support information on the hardware
    they're furnishing you, or check in the Linksys support area. This
    newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software
    only.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Dreanmachine" <Dreanmachine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just need some education please. I just set up a Qwest Actiontec modem.
    > My primary PC is hooked to it via Ethernet. I turned on the wireless
    > gateway
    > of the modem. On my second PC, which is two floors away and on opposite
    > sides of the home, I connected a Linksys Speed booster USB wireless
    > adaptor.
    > All is working well, but my PC which is two floors away is at about 1/2 of
    > the speed of the primary PC (1.25 MB/s versus 600KB/s). I would like to
    > maximize my performance on the lesser speed PC. Any recommendations on
    > what
    > is the best to do to increase my performance with the distance separation
    > in
    > my home? Thanks in advance.--
    > Bobby D.

Routers Wireless Performance Networking