this function(chkdsk)without any information has been cancelled when i start
my computer.
When i'm using the Run function to chkdsk there is a message saying that the
disk will be check without fixing the problems because the function''/ F''
was not written???
Is somebody ready to help me to solve this problem???

From within XP, open a command prompt, which looks like a DOS window, but is
not really DOS. You may already have a link to a command prompt from your
start menu, or just do start --> run --> cmd

Type CHKDSK C: /F
hit return.
Type Y when it after is you want to do this during a reboot. (CHKDSK can
only fix things during a reboot.)
reboot.
watch CHKDSK run.
If it asked you any questions, take the suggested default or type Y

There is a longer, more thorough option for CHKDSK, which is CHKDSK C: /R.
This can run a hour, but usually runs a lot less.

If the problem drive letter is not C:, substitute that letter for C: in the
command.

CHKDSK can also be run from the XP recovery console. In the recovery
console there is no /F option, only /R. Use the recovery console, if you
can not boot into the XP desktop. Links about the recovery console:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_rec.htm

http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxprcons.htm

http://www.xxcopy.com/xxcopy33.htm (near bottom)

"bornsztejn" <bornsztejn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> this function(chkdsk)without any information has been cancelled when i
> start
> my computer.
> When i'm using the Run function to chkdsk there is a message saying that
> the
> disk will be check without fixing the problems because the function''/ F''
> was not written???
> Is somebody ready to help me to solve this problem???

you might open a cmd window and type
help chkdsk
then you'll see the function "/F" as well as other options to manually run
it