Getting attachments from Outlook messages

I have some .msg files which are from Outlook 2003. I only have Outlook
express installed but I would like to get the attachments out of the .msg
files.

Is there a reader or attachment extractor available for Outlook 2003
messages?Everything that I have downloaded appears to assume that I will have
Outlook installed.
2 answers Last reply
More about getting attachments outlook messages

    My first try would be to rename the extension to *.EML, and open it in OE, to see if the MIME software converted the attachment.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "tom ahasic" <tom ahasic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B09207E4-8787-480C-B4AA-C16DF826909F@microsoft.com...
    >I have some .msg files which are from Outlook 2003. I only have Outlook
    > express installed but I would like to get the attachments out of the .msg
    > files.
    >
    > Is there a reader or attachment extractor available for Outlook 2003
    > messages?Everything that I have downloaded appears to assume that I will have
    > Outlook installed.

    That was the first thing I tried before looking for 3rd party readers. All I
    get from renaming is HTML and gobbldy gook. The HTML I can decipher but it is
    the gobbldy gook that I am after.

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > My first try would be to rename the extension to *.EML, and open it in OE, to see if the MIME software converted the attachment.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > ..
    > "tom ahasic" <tom ahasic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B09207E4-8787-480C-B4AA-C16DF826909F@microsoft.com...
    > >I have some .msg files which are from Outlook 2003. I only have Outlook
    > > express installed but I would like to get the attachments out of the .msg
    > > files.
    > >
    > > Is there a reader or attachment extractor available for Outlook 2003
    > > messages?Everything that I have downloaded appears to assume that I will have
    > > Outlook installed.

Outlook Outlook 2003 Windows XP