Getting attachments from Outlook messages

Tags:
  • Outlook
  • Outlook 2003
  • Windows XP
April 29, 2005 3:32:07 PM

I have some .msg files which are from Outlook 2003. I only have Outlook
express installed but I would like to get the attachments out of the .msg
files.

Is there a reader or attachment extractor available for Outlook 2003
messages?Everything that I have downloaded appears to assume that I will have
Outlook installed.

More about : attachments outlook messages

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 12:32:11 PM

My first try would be to rename the extension to *.EML, and open it in OE, to see if the MIME software converted the attachment.

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"tom ahasic" <tom ahasic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B09207E4-8787-480C-B4AA-C16DF826909F@microsoft.com...
>I have some .msg files which are from Outlook 2003. I only have Outlook
> express installed but I would like to get the attachments out of the .msg
> files.
>
> Is there a reader or attachment extractor available for Outlook 2003
> messages?Everything that I have downloaded appears to assume that I will have
> Outlook installed.
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 8:36:03 PM

That was the first thing I tried before looking for 3rd party readers. All I
get from renaming is HTML and gobbldy gook. The HTML I can decipher but it is
the gobbldy gook that I am after.

!