Sevilla Game

(Figured I may as well post some Football Manager related stuff :) )

Decided to take a break from my AGCM FC game, was suffering Transfer
widthdrawl symptoms :) (Don't worry it will return).

Decided to take my first CM/FM stab at the Spanish Leagues (Well bar the 6
month holiday I had at Barcelona between Nottm Forest jobs in CM03/04).

Decided to take control of Sevilla - fair bit of money and only expect
mid-table finish. Decided on no constraints game wise (after previous games
AGCM FC and an all english Spurs side), though will try to sign players I
haven't tried before.

The current Sevilla squad isn't looking to good, no decent strike force or
defence though the midfield is looking good:
Renato (25 year old Brazilian DMRC),
Julio Baptista (22 year old Brazilian DMC),
Jesus Navas (18 year old Spanish FC),
Fernando Sales (26 year old Spanish AMRC).
and a not to bad keeper:
Esteban (29 year old Spanish GK)
Aranda(23 y.o. Spanish SC) - Though he broke his leg in his first game and
missed the whole season.
and me as a D/DMRLC.

With (Some) Spanish teams limited to 3 non-EU players, sees my limit taken
by existing Sevilla players: Renato, Baptista and Daniel (Brazilian D/DMR)

A busy July in the transfer market sees the arrival of a strike force in the
shape of Fernando Cavenaghi (£7m S. Moscow ARG/ITA) and Nathan Ellington
(£2.6m Wigan ENG).
Plus the arrival of a couple of youngsters:
Federico Vignes (14 year old FC Salernitana £220K ITA),
Slavatore Tola (19 year old MR Cossatese £55K ITA),
Anthony Vanden Borre (16 year old SW/D/DM RC Anderlecht £775K BEL)
Giovanni Bernacchia (18 year old GK Ternana £1.8m (Originaly from Vis Pesaro
ITA).

With the new season approaching and the transfer deadline approaching and an
extra ~£3.5m raised from sales sees the arrival of a defence:
Willy Sagnol (27 year old D/DMR FC Bayern £1.4m FRA - thought he was older
than that)
Stanislav Varga (31 year old DC Celtic £90K SVK)
Mattia Burchielli (16 year old SC Roma £550K ITA)
Ramon van Haaren ( 31 y.o. D/DM L Feyenoord £625K NED)
Alexandre Song (16 y.o. D/DM C Bastia £325K FRA)
Manuel Mariotti (16 y.o. D L Milan £525K ITA)
Clint Hill (25 y.o. DC Stoke £80K ENG)
Dennis Cagara (19 y.o. D/DM L Hertha BSC £325K DEN)

Transfer deadline day see's the arrival of Scott Parker from Chelsea for
£2.5m and Paolo Montero from Juventus for £220K. And sees the arrival of
Andrea Guatelli (GK Portsmouth ITA) and Georgios Samaras (SC Heerenveen
GRE).

Sevilla First Team for the coming season will be:

GK: Esteban / Bernacchia
RB: Sagnol /Daniel*
CB: Vanden Borre / Varga
CB: Montero / Hill
LB: Cagara / van Haaren
RM: Renato* / Sales
CM: Baptista* / Navas
CM: Parker / Casquero
LM: Murray / Jesuli
SC: Cavenaghi / Samaras
SC: Ellington / Burchielli
(Only Ellington and Parker have been bought before in FM)

With the season under way, Sevilla get off to an interesting start in the
league most notably a 4-1 win against R. Madrid at Home, is bracketed by
away defeats to Levante and Bilbao.

Our UEFA Cup campaign sees us somehow scrape through the group stage with 3
draws and 1 win out of the 4 group games. Though with Cavenaghi cup-tied
Burchielli steps up well chipping in 4 goals in 5(4) games.

Game of the season was played at Sociedad where we managed to scrape a 5-5
draw after being 3-0 down after just 20 minutes, thanks to4 goals from
Burchielli. This is followed by a 2-0 home win over Barcelona and a home
draw to Deportivo, though our good run against the top teams comes to an
abrupt halt with a 5-0 defeat away to Valencia.

The Christmas transfer window sees us bring in some squad depth:

Petter Vaagan Moen (20 y.o. MLC Ham Kam £400K)
Freddy Adu (15 y.o. FLC DC United £350K)
Rio Ferdinard ( 25 y.o. DC Man Utd £12.75m)
Mathieu Berson (24 y.o. DMC Aston Villa Loan)
Tomi Petrescu (18 y.o. SC Leicester Loan)
Josemi (24 y.o. D/DM R Liverpool £425K)

Knockout phase of the UEFA Cup gives us a few challenges a 4-3 (Agg) victory
over Newcastle in the first knockout round is followed up by a 4-3 victory
over Barcelona in the next round.
Quarter-finals saw us beat Besiktas on away goals after a 3-3 (Agg) draw.
The semi-final proved a breeze with us beating Benfica 6-2 (agg) to set up a
final against Lazio which we lost 2-1.
In 14 UEFA Cup games we managed to draw 8 games, which saw s score (30) and
conceed (21) the most goals in the comp.

The Spanish Cup Semi's saw some shocks me and Barcelona won our first legs
2-0 and 4-0, but still managed to go out to Zaragoza (3-4) and Betis (4-5).
But at least Zaragoza beat Betis in the final :)

A tough week in the league saw us lose 3-2 to R. Madrid away, but we managed
to beat major rivals Betis 3-2 away. A good end to the season saw us beat
Barcelona 6-2 away and Betis 5-3 to clinch 5th place in the league, giving
us another stab at the UEFA Cup.
League stats:
Home: Won: 12 Drn: 5 Lst: 2 For: 45 Ag: 15
Away: Won: 8 Drn: 1 Lst: 10 For: 34 Ag: 40
All: Won: 20 Drn: 6 Lst: 12 For: 79 Ag: 55 G.D: +24 Pts:66

Barcelona won the league with R. Madrid finishing second.

The Champions League went to Inter.
Aston Villa won the Premiership!
FC Bayern won the German league.
Juventus won Serie A.

End of the season sees Bernacchia and Burchielli exceed expectations, whilst
Vanden Borre was largely disapointing and seems himself loaned out next
season.
Varga and Montero provided a solid defence and earn themselves new 1 year
contracts. van Haaren was didn't do enough to get his contract renewed due
to him wanting his wages tripled. Daniel sees himself sold to Besktias for
£5m to free up a FGN slot. Though with the promotion of Sevilla B to the
Second Division for next season means I can have 5 FGNs in the squad.

--
Michael Murray

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:35:32 -0000, Michael Murray wrote:

> (Figured I may as well post some Football Manager related stuff :) )

<snip>

I swear you already posted this?

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Daniel Marsh wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:35:32 -0000, Michael Murray wrote:
>
>> (Figured I may as well post some Football Manager related stuff :) )
>>
> <snip>
>
> I swear you already posted this?

There's bits in about 4 different threads, but I don't think I've posted it
all before. :-S

--
Michael Murray