Losing Internet Connection

Ok here is my issue. I will be connected to the internet and all of a sudden
nothing, ie. IE, Mail, or any other internet based program, will be able to
connect to the internet. I can either reboot or simply unplug my cable modem
to get the connection back. This happens intermittently and there is no set
time it stays connected. During the time this happens the icon in the taskbar
never says I have lost my connection. I have run virus scan, spyware, and ad
aware, to try and find issues. I have also rebuilt my TCP/IP stack with the
hopes this would repair the problem. Also I have contacted my service
provider and had them do all diagnostics including a new modem. I also
updated the drivers for my LAN card. I do not know what else to try and I am
hoping someone will be able to help me resolve these issues. Any help will be
greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PS: If this is not in the right forum/newsgroup please advise me of where to
place it.

Contact the phone company and ask them to check the line that the DSL
connection piggy-backs on to.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"R0de0" <R0de0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok here is my issue. I will be connected to the internet and all of a
> sudden
> nothing, ie. IE, Mail, or any other internet based program, will be able
> connect to the internet. I can either reboot or simply unplug my cable
> modem
> to get the connection back. This happens intermittently and there is no
> set
> time it stays connected. During the time this happens the icon in the
> taskbar
> never says I have lost my connection. I have run virus scan, spyware, and
> ad
> aware, to try and find issues. I have also rebuilt my TCP/IP stack with
> the
> hopes this would repair the problem. Also I have contacted my service
> provider and had them do all diagnostics including a new modem. I also
> updated the drivers for my LAN card. I do not know what else to try and I
> am
> hoping someone will be able to help me resolve these issues. Any help will
> be
> greatly appreciated. Thank you.
>
> PS: If this is not in the right forum/newsgroup please advise me of where
> place it.

Well that might help but I am actually on Cable. I had done a search prior to
posting but in my sillyness I did not realize this was simply for Microsoft
Broadband products. I do apologize but I am not sure where to post this
issue. I do not want to waste time in here for something that this
forum/newsgroup does not cover. Please advise where I should post this issue.
Thank you.

Depending on the operating system, you might try posting to the
microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

> Well that might help but I am actually on Cable. I had done a search prior
> posting but in my sillyness I did not realize this was simply for
> Microsoft
> Broadband products. I do apologize but I am not sure where to post this
> issue. I do not want to waste time in here for something that this
> forum/newsgroup does not cover. Please advise where I should post this
> issue.
> Thank you.

Poop

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2004
Im having roughly the same problem, and im sorry if this is an old topic or something but i just found it by searching on google and was suprised to see how accuratly this problem matched mine, and was wondering if/how you had got it fixed?

smooth1_1

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2006
I also found this through google and I had the exact same problems. As the OP found this is probably not the right forum, but since more than one of us found this thread by accident, I though I'd post my solution here in hopes the next person tripping over this thread may be helped. I read all the posts everywhere I could find and followed the advice. I used more than 1 antivirus prog to scan for a possible virus or worm, then I ran all manners of spyware and adware and malware scanners to clean things out, then I ran winsockfix.exe. None of those worked. In the end it was just the ethernet port driver that needed reinstalling. BTW I was running a Marvell Yukon integrated into my Asus A8V mobo.

TRENDING THREADS