Lightning Win The Cup

splenda20

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
It was a great game. Too bad for Calgary.
Some bad calls all series long for the Flames, especially on Sat when they never counted that goal, that would've won them the Lord Stanley's Mug.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
DOH!

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D

spitoon

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2003
As a born and raised Calgarian, I can say that the initial disappointment was very strong...as time passes though I am becomming increasingly proud of what they did and the way the city responded.

The fact that they even made the playoffs after being out for so long, was great and to think that they made it to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final is amazing...not much to be upset about really, an incredible run that was extremely fun.

I think Calgary just simply ran out of gas...

What does this have to do with Graphics Cards!

This thread should be deleted/banned/annihilated/excommunicated! :frown:

Fredi must destroy this thread immediately! :mad:

Flaming the Flames because they Flamed out, oh the Irony or Villany maybe !?! :lol:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Snorkius

Splendid
Sep 16, 2003
I claim spamming rights for this thread.

<font color=blue>If I found the hidden fountain. Drank the wisdom from it's deep.
Would I have the time to save me. Would I have them both to keep...</font color=blue>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
lolz

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D

Seeing PEI cheer made me sick.

Damn traitors!

Yes, I realize he's Canadian, but he's playing for an American team damnit!!

*Insert Howard Dean YAARRRRR! here*

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

That may be the case, but it does absolutely nothing for our local markets. I want hockey to remain viable in Canada... it would pain me greatly to see our teams reduced to just Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal. (The largest Canadian cities in other words).

It hurt for Winnipeg to lose their team. Minnesota's North Stars fold and five years later (not sure on the timeline, just using it as an example) they're allowed ANOTHER team? The commish all but spits on Winnipeg saying they'll never get another team... but a US market is allowed a second chance?

Yes, I'm bitter damnit. It's our game, and I want our teams to be able to succeed.

*EDIT*

Forgot to mention Quebec moving to Colorado. Colorado's team also folded and they were allowed a second chance. It really makes me sick that our national game may no longer exist in our country.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>