Manager nationality

Short question:

If my nationality is non-EU, will that mean the club has to apply work a
work permit if I was ever to apply for a position at an English club?

Petter Natvig wrote:
> Short question:
>
> If my nationality is non-EU, will that mean the club has to apply
> work a work permit if I was ever to apply for a position at an
> English club?

I don't think work permits apply for non-players in FM, though I don't think
the game counts human managers as having proper contracts (automatic
renewal - so WP may not apply).

--
Michael Murray

Petter Natvig wrote:

> Short question:
> If my nationality is non-EU, will that mean the club has to apply work a
> work permit if I was ever to apply for a position at an English club?

No. Work permit and foreigner restrictions do not apply to the human gamer nor non-playing
staffers.

(For the latter, the game may remind you of your club's current quota status for foreigners when
you try to sign one for the backroom staff. But once the terms are agreed and you confirm the
signing, it will go through.)

"The Wielder of the Scythe" <scytheNOSPAMWIBBLE@netvigator.com> wrote in
message news:4230C681.8A34D69A@netvigator.com...
> Petter Natvig wrote:
>
> > Short question:
> > If my nationality is non-EU, will that mean the club has to apply work a
> > work permit if I was ever to apply for a position at an English club?
>
> No. Work permit and foreigner restrictions do not apply to the human gamer
nor non-playing
> staffers.

But in real life you would need a work permit?
so if it was in the game it would make it even mor realistic...

Hagen wrote:
> "The Wielder of the Scythe" <scytheNOSPAMWIBBLE@netvigator.com> wrote
> in message news:4230C681.8A34D69A@netvigator.com...
>> Petter Natvig wrote:
>>
>>> Short question:
>>> If my nationality is non-EU, will that mean the club has to apply
>>> work a work permit if I was ever to apply for a position at an
>>> English club?
>>
>> No. Work permit and foreigner restrictions do not apply to the human
>> gamer nor non-playing staffers.
>>

> But in real life you would need a work permit?
> so if it was in the game it would make it even mor realistic...

Then you'd never be able to manager in England or sign non-EU coaches, as
the Work Permits depend upon club/country appearances. Being a non-player =
no appearances = no WP.

--
Michael Murray

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:35:17 -0000, Michael Murray wrote:

> Hagen wrote:
>> "The Wielder of the Scythe" <scytheNOSPAMWIBBLE@netvigator.com> wrote
>> in message news:4230C681.8A34D69A@netvigator.com...

>>> No. Work permit and foreigner restrictions do not apply to the human
>>> gamer nor non-playing staffers.
>>>

>> But in real life you would need a work permit?
>> so if it was in the game it would make it even mor realistic...
>
> Then you'd never be able to manager in England or sign non-EU coaches, as
> the Work Permits depend upon club/country appearances. Being a non-player =
> no appearances = no WP.

Then they would have to implement the long overdue dual-nationalities for
playing managers.

--
- / - Daniel - / -