  • Video
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 18, 2005 2:21:50 PM

Can I put a JAMMA Multigame into a Working DK with an adaptor or will
it require a new harness?

More about : tech jamma working

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 4:58:08 PM

No one makes an adapter to do this yet, but someone is working on one
right now. The idea is that you should be able to plug in the adapter
to the DK/DKjr/etc and it will give you a jamma plug. Then plug a
jamma game direcly into it and it's done, no wire flips or anything.

I'm waiting on this one BIG TIME as I've had my DK/DKjr/DK3 MG board
ready to go and no place to put it. I didn't want to hack the harness
in my Red DK so this is a perfect solution.

Jim

melchman wrote:
> Can I put a JAMMA Multigame into a Working DK with an adaptor or will
> it require a new harness?
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 5:35:34 PM

I think Clay makes that adaptor.. You'll also have to non-invert the colors
(not a problem as long as you have a working inverter board on the monitor
or his adaptor) and have to flip the image on the screen, the monitor will
show the game upside down. I've done about a dozen of these for a local
operator and I just rewire them jamma. It's pretty quick and easy if you
use a switching power supply but remember to grab the voltage from before it
hits the isolation transformer because the outlet is only 100V. The monitor
still needs the 100 volts so leave the outlet as-is. If you get the adaptor
I think all you'll have to do is swap the picture with the yoke wires, the
rest should line up right. You'll probably also have to hook up a test and
a service button if you want to change any of the default settings on the
multigame PCB.

Scott

"melchman" <jim@melchman.net> wrote in message
> Can I put a JAMMA Multigame into a Working DK with an adaptor or will
> it require a new harness?

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 8:56:48 PM

Good tip Scott, but it looks like Clay's adaptor runs a Nintendo board
in a JAMMA cabinet. It does the Inverting (or de-inverting) and has
the audio amp on the adaptor since the JAMMA Monitor won't have the
Sanyo amp.

It's very cool, but I need the reverse adaptor. I want to run a JAMMA
board in a Nintendo cabinet.
!