Windows Product Activation Error 0x80040017

Pc looked up using Internet explorer - had to reboot. When Reboot after
selecting user & loading profiles Got the "Windows Product Activation" with
The follwoing message " A problem is preventing windows accurately checking
the license for the computer Error Code 0x80040017

I can bot in Safe mode , but get the same problem when I boot in safe mode
with nework.

How do I resolve the problem ???

--
J Whitmore
1 answer Last reply

    "Error Code: 0x80004005� error message when you install Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306081

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Jane Whitmore" wrote:

    | Pc looked up using Internet explorer - had to reboot. When Reboot after
    | selecting user & loading profiles Got the "Windows Product Activation" with
    | The follwoing message " A problem is preventing windows accurately checking
    | the license for the computer Error Code 0x80040017
    |
    | I can bot in Safe mode , but get the same problem when I boot in safe mode
    | with nework.
    |

    | How do I resolve the problem ???
    |
    | --
    | J Whitmore