Acer 5336 power and battery lights blinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

cl-jeffrey

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
Have you tried resetting your computer? Remove the battery and press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. What we are trying to do is to drain the laptop completely so that the battery memory resets. Connect the battery and try starting your laptop. You say it's blinking is it a pattern or diffent color lights flashing. As soon as you connect the ac adapter without the battery connected is the power and battery light still flashing? Are you still able to get into windows. You need to be more detailed as to what is going on such as do you see anything on the screen?

wp6890

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

can it have any thing to do with my ac adapter port on my laptop is wiggly....sorry i am starting tech school in the fall and i dont know that much with laptops

wp6890

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

And i have tried that and i beleve that the battery is in its last lap i gotta buy a new one

G

It is not primarily the battery. You are low batt due to the AC adaptor weakness and your laptop falled in deep sleep. Replace the AC adaptor. Solved same case today.

Olafs Osh

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
Will write here, as this thread was the first in google search :]

For Satan sakes - check your AC adapter! When I got this problem, I read over interwebs, asked my friends and friends-of-friends and majority answers were - wither power contact on laptop is broken or motherboard issue. Repair stores, as "funny" as it sounds, were truly consistent on motherboard issue.

BUT

That was wiring in adapter's cord. Even if mechanic checks your adapter, it could SEEM fine [in my case that was it] but don't trust him - just plug in another, known good AC.

I am not saying that this is the only true solution, but well worth to check - will save you a lot of money!

\m/

tbalon

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
I second the motion for an adapter... any time the lights are blinking it usually means a problem with the adapter, it is the first and easiest thing to check . Just go to any repair shop and ask if they have a charger for your laptop, chances are they do, and have them plug it in and see if it solves the problem. It worked for me on my Toshiba l455-5000. When I tested my old adapter with a DVM (digital volt meter) it tested good and supplied the right amount of voltage, but it simply did not have enough power to run the laptop.

waffle97

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
If you remove the battery and it still doesn't work it may be a problem with the charger. You should try to charge your notebook with someone else's charger (of the same brand). If it works you'll know for sure. It's better to have to replace the charger than the battery because it's much cheaper.

Zokaaa

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.