My wife's computer has beenscrewed up. Between my wrong actions and some
hackers mischief I feel the need to >format C< and start all over again. I
just hope all of my application disks will reload. I am assuming I will
jave to buy all new MS applications since they are "one use" items these
days.

The only thing between me and getting started on this project is I cannot
copy the e mail files. When I try to export I get an error message "an
error occured while initializing MAPI"

I tried doing thesame thing on my other computer and get the same message.
Any ideas how I can save the E mail to disc so I can get on with rebuilding
her machine?

How do I get out of this? Any assistance is appreciated

chuck

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Have a look here..
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/

"persian ram" <chuck_petterson@excite.com> wrote in message
| My wife's computer has beenscrewed up. Between my wrong actions and
some
| hackers mischief I feel the need to >format C< and start all over
again. I
| just hope all of my application disks will reload. I am assuming I
will
| jave to buy all new MS applications since they are "one use" items
these
| days.
|
| The only thing between me and getting started on this project is I
cannot
| copy the e mail files. When I try to export I get an error message
"an
| error occured while initializing MAPI"
|
| I tried doing thesame thing on my other computer and get the same
message.
| Any ideas how I can save the E mail to disc so I can get on with
rebuilding
| her machine?
|
| How do I get out of this? Any assistance is appreciated
|
| chuck

Ricky,

thank you. I can't figure out why microsoft doesnot have this covered. On
the old windows system you could copy everything.

chuck
"Ricky" <rsjoiner@no_spambellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Have a look here..
> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/
>
> "persian ram" <chuck_petterson@excite.com> wrote in message
> | My wife's computer has beenscrewed up. Between my wrong actions and
> some
> | hackers mischief I feel the need to >format C< and start all over
> again. I
> | just hope all of my application disks will reload. I am assuming I
> will
> | jave to buy all new MS applications since they are "one use" items
> these
> | days.
> |
> | The only thing between me and getting started on this project is I
> cannot
> | copy the e mail files. When I try to export I get an error message
> "an
> | error occured while initializing MAPI"
> |
> | I tried doing thesame thing on my other computer and get the same
> message.
> | Any ideas how I can save the E mail to disc so I can get on with
> rebuilding
> | her machine?
> |
> | How do I get out of this? Any assistance is appreciated
> |
> | chuck

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

You're welcome..hope it helps. :)

| Ricky,
|
| thank you. I can't figure out why microsoft doesnot have this
covered. On
| the old windows system you could copy everything.
|
| chuck
| "Ricky" <rsjoiner@no_spambellsouth.net> wrote in message
| > Have a look here..
| > http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/
| >
| > "persian ram" <chuck_petterson@excite.com> wrote in message
| > | My wife's computer has beenscrewed up. Between my wrong actions
and
| > some
| > | hackers mischief I feel the need to >format C< and start all
over
| > again. I
| > | just hope all of my application disks will reload. I am
assuming I
| > will
| > | jave to buy all new MS applications since they are "one use"
items
| > these
| > | days.
| > |
| > | The only thing between me and getting started on this project is
| > cannot
| > | copy the e mail files. When I try to export I get an error
message
| > "an
| > | error occured while initializing MAPI"
| > |
| > | I tried doing thesame thing on my other computer and get the
same
| > message.
| > | Any ideas how I can save the E mail to disc so I can get on with
| > rebuilding
| > | her machine?
| > |
| > | How do I get out of this? Any assistance is appreciated
| > |
| > | chuck
| > |
| > |