Amplifone High Voltage problem

Hey all.

I'm working on a Blue Amplifone HV board. When I got it the board was dead
and was missing the transformer at T1 as well as the resistor at R13. I
don't have the Wintron installation instructions and its been about 4 years
since I've had to put one of these things on a board so I don't recall if
those parts were removed as part of the install or if they were just
missing.

After putting them back, I pulled them off of a beige board, and doing the
upgrades to the blue board (5 watt 50 ohm resistors and the diodes on the
outputs of the regulators) I now get HV but everything is white and there
are "drawback" lines everywhere. It really looks like the screen control is
up to high but its all the way down. I can swing the HV from 12k to 19k with
the frequency pot.

I've seen this before on a GO8 but it had something to do with the heater
voltage. I don't think that's the case here.

Any insight would be great. I'm sure I can get this if I fart around with it
some more but other ideas are always a help!

Matt, I'm far from an expert on Amplifones, but facing the same repair
and I just read the faq on Amplifones at www.ionpool.net

It's a great document aside from a couple of typos (mislabeled
transistor locations in the document on the HV board and cap types
should all be radial on the HV board not axial).

Mike Doyle

It takes you 1.5 hours to drive home????

Yeesh...maybe I should not complain when it takes me only 20 mins to
get to work and back where I live....and thats in rush hour traffic.