Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004
Product Name: Winfast A250 LE
Software Driver Version: 5.3.0.6
Motherboard Manufacturer, Chipset: ASUS A7N8X-E
Computer Type and Speed: AMD Athlon XP 1600+
Monitor Manufacturer and Model: Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX

Problem:
My WinFast A250 LE has a DVI and VGA output. I want to have a Dual-Monitor Set-up but it doesn't work.
I have used a DVI-to-VGA converter to connect one of my monitors and normal VGA Cable to connect the other cable. When I connect both monitors to my A250 LE, when I boot up my PC, the monitors don't display anything (even during boot-up). I have set my primary Display adapter in my motherboard BIOS to AGP already..
However, if I only connect one monitor at a time (DVI or VGA), they work, but not when two monitors are connected. Is there some special setting I must adjust to allow for Dual monitor set up on my card?

Anyone have any idea?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help!!! :)

absense

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004
Ahh thats the thing, i dont have a "dual monitor" option in my settings tab, because when i plug BOTH monitors in, neither of them show anything,they're both blank! :(.
I'm wondering if there is some setting on the board (jumpers?) or drivers that i have to fix first so it knows to disploay the stuff on both VGA and DVI outputs.

DonnieDarko

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2004
Did you attempt to update your chipset/graphics card drivers to latest version? I'm not quite sure on this because I've only set up dual monitors using different 2 different cards. Maybe a more experienced member can help you out.

cefoskey

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2003
My old Radeon 85000le had both ports, but you COULD NOT adapt the DVI to vga because there was no signal converter chip onboard the card. I think it was a DVI-D port. Did the adapter yo uare using come with the card? This may be your problem, some cards dont support adapting DVI to VGA.

"Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my drive?"
P4 3.0 HT, Intel D865GBF, 512MB Crucial PC3200 DDR, WD 36GB Raptor 10,000RPM, BBA Radeon 9600PRO, SB Audigy, Hauppage WinTV

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
i just realized that i have my old 15" in the closet, and im using my DVI-adapter for my 19" right now.. so the analogue jack is free :)

sweet im going to hook it up when i get home

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
<A HREF="http://www.subhi.com/keyboard.jpg" target="_new">This is you, interweb junky</A>

absense

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004
Thanks so much for your thoughts.
Well that's the thing, I'm using the DVI converter rite now, and plugging in my Samsung VGA cable into it, and typing this message. So the converter DOES work and DOES display stuff on screen, just when i plug in another monitor into the vanilla VGA port, they both go blank

absense

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004
ahaha phial, i was just like you, i had an old monitor sitting in my clost and thought "damn i wish i had a dual monitor system" lol.... until it just clicked in my head

cefoskey

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2003
i did the same thing, but realized my crappy old 15" CRT wasnt shielded, so it gave me these annoying scan lines on my main screen.

keep that in mind too, most old monitors are not magnetically shielded at all!

"Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my drive?"
P4 3.0 HT, Intel D865GBF, 512MB Crucial PC3200 DDR, WD 36GB Raptor 10,000RPM, BBA Radeon 9600PRO, SB Audigy, Hauppage WinTV

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
What's worse still is that later in production, companies like Saphire decided that it would be a good idea to use the same connector for BOTH adapter compatable cards and adpater incompatable cards. That probably saved them some wearhousing and confusion on the production line, simplified their stock, etc. But it also meant that MANY cards were produced with the proper connector to use the adapter, but no adapter support (no second RAMDAC).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>