Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, and you thought Intel's integrated graphics was crap, take a look <A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/mobile/20040610/averatec-03.html" target="_new">HERE</A>! Half the performance of Intel's integrated graphics, how is that possible? It must take a company like VIA to take the crap technology from S3 and make it even worse!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It does sound like a race to the bottom of the septic tank, doesn't it?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pauldh

Illustrious
Ouch, that is bad.

But why pick on Via Crash? As a matter of fact, I have a nice Soyo KT133 mobo for you. Make me an offer and the headaches can be all yours. :lol:

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The way I see it, they do have a bit of marketing pressure on them, but no consumer pressure. nVidia puts the marketing pressure on, but the consumers will for the most part buy just about anything. People don't talk chipsets much, some kid goes to buy a systems and heard "Athlon" from his friends, maybe he buys an Athlon but he won't know about the rest of the system.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'll give you nothing if you pay shipping!

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
well what can u expect, Via's CEO spend all their R&D money on houses in US :p

nForce 3 250 shall be the Via terminator in the K8 sector

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
wrong forum dude!

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
nForce 3 250 shall be the Via terminator in the K8 sector

Let me know when you finish the movie script, I want to play the lead role!

Wrong forum, but this part is appropriate I guess.

This is why I'd still go VIA for now.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=2074" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=2074</A>

I won't deny they have their faults, but I want at least the features this board has, plus socket 939 of course.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
I'm using S3 graphics on the computer I'm on now, it can't even play AVI movies

<b><font color=red> ATI 9600Pro </font color=red></b>
<b><font color=green> AthlonXP-M 2500+ OC'd 3200+ </font color=green></b>
<b><font color=blue> Abit NF7-S </font color=blue></b>
<b><font color=black> 2x256MB Corsair PC3200 </font color=black></b>