I first reported on 14th that after an MS update including the "new" trojan
and malware fixer that I had lost all the games folder in Accessories.
One that I had on the desk top( Spider) is now located in Service Pack file
i386!
Now I have found that there is no Calculator!
And when I have no sound running Media player, I find no tray icon. Through
Control Panel when i try to activate soud it says that it isnt installed,
although the speakers work.
Is MS OS falling apart or can I get a fix please?
Gordon

MS updates worked fine for me,try reinstalling the games thru the xp cd,as
for the icon,open sounds in control-panel,select to show in task bar.

"elgordo" wrote:

> I first reported on 14th that after an MS update including the "new" trojan
> and malware fixer that I had lost all the games folder in Accessories.
> One that I had on the desk top( Spider) is now located in Service Pack file
> i386!
> Now I have found that there is no Calculator!
> And when I have no sound running Media player, I find no tray icon. Through
> Control Panel when i try to activate soud it says that it isnt installed,
> although the speakers work.
> Is MS OS falling apart or can I get a fix please?
> Gordon

Done that. As I said, that was when i was informed that the "Volume Control
program has not been installed".