Playing .AVI Files

I am having a problem where I can't play back my .MOV files that have
been converted to .AVI files. All that happens is that it tells me
that is doesn't support that file extension and then I continue and all
I get is the sound in the movie not the picture. Any thoughts on how I
can play the movie normally?

--
zoaked

Import the AVI file into MOVIE MAKER, right click and select properties and
see if the file shows any video properties. Will the AVI file play video in
MOVIEMAKER? I had a similar experience where the file would play video in
MOVIEMAKER but not in other programs and visa versa. Or, load the AVI file
into whatever you used to do the conversion and check the properties for
video. Will the file play video in that program.

You may have to use 1 program to get the .MOV to 1 .AVI stage then another
to convert that converted file.

NOTEKY