Computer Just wont run

dakawan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003
I just went out and bought New Asus A7N8X,, AMD 2000+, 512 of PC2700. I installed it all taking all the wrist strap no carpet touching metal precautions. I finished and put in my Radeon 9700 to test it. The computer didn't even turn on. All that happened was the CPU spun, and the PWRLED_On light thats on the motherboard lite up. All I can think is that power is getting to the motherboard but stopping there. I dont know what the heck to do. This has happened to me before twice, I spent over 1000 dollars on parts and the computer never turned on. The power supply is a 300W Deerfield. Anyone know whats up?

The_Thing

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
Humm... You got power to the board, but it won't turn on... Well, sounds like you power cable that goes from the power switch is plugged in wrong. Check it. Or, maybe your power supply is inadequit, how many watts is it, what company makes it?? Check to see if that little red light is on under the AGP port, if it is, the mother board won't boot becuase it thinks you have a AGP card that's lower than 4x. I had a problem that the same board wouldn't accept a 3d Prophet even though it was AGP 4x. Check all of your jumpers. Make sure you didn't crack your cpu when you installed it. Check all of you IDE cables make sure they are plugged in properly. Also, unplug all of you devices and just see if it powers on. If you reused an older drive, sometimes it'll trip a safety on you power supply and it won't turn on.