2 months and no 6800?!

dhlucke

Polypheme
April 14th was the review date for the 6800 Ultra. Yet they still aren't available? WHY? Now that the x800XT and x800XT platinums are out I just have to wonder what's going on with Nvidia.

When is the next generation coming out? Is Nvidia going to skip this one?

Nothing on mwave or zipzoomfly.

<A HREF="http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/product.asp?pid=9103&sid=AWU7J983LXWQ9MA8VQ6BLQ49WE9N2W9D" target="_new">eVGA e-GeForce 6800 ULTRA 256MB DDR: Allstarshop - temporarely out of stock</A>

<A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-150-067&depa=0" target="_new">XFX nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra Video Card, 256MB GDDR3: Newegg - Out of stock (one bogus review)</A>

<font color=blue>________________________</font color=blue>
<font color=red>You are all going to go to Hell!

dhlucke

Polypheme
Is it a 40% improvement now? I'm so sick and tired of hearing that excuse.

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
I don't know and don't care, if they're not releasing it when the X800XT comes out, they're gonna lose a LOT of money. When it comes out, i just gotta see some benchmarks of ACTUAl retail cards, and some IQ. Nvidia's gonna release like 10 drivers before the cards actually hit retail channels.

<A HREF="http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/myrig.php?do=view&id=17301" target="_new">My PC</A>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Nvidia is blowing their big chance to regain market share. They're really stupid. They actually have a good card now but they won't/can't release it.

Paper releases are a real sign of how crappy a company is.

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
I agree they're not doing a good job right now in the VGA section.

But their chipsets for K7/8 are very very successful.

<A HREF="http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/myrig.php?do=view&id=17301" target="_new">My PC</A>

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
ATI has optimizations as well...

Now I wander why ATI isn't afraid and Nvidia is.

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Newegg has one <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-150-067&depa=0" target="_new">here</A>. *Reaches into back pocket, pulls out vaseline* of course, you'll need this, since its $609.

"Yeah, I got a magazine for you. It's fulla hollow points. You're gonna love it when I put that in a gun, and then put 'em in your brain!" - Carl

dhlucke

Polypheme
I have that link already in my first post. It's not available and that review is obviously another dummy review since newegg puts dummy reviews on their products and deletes the negative reviews to make the products look good.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
shut up.

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
Ive had my 16 pipe X800 pro a month now (almost). Mwahahahaha. =P

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7851969" target="_new"> My rig </A>

entium

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
made a big mistake dude. Just testing out a couple new driver version form nV. All I got to say is wow! WHQL is on its way. Also these new drivers support SM 3.0, and since we got info on the far cry engine too, that patch is almost ready as well.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
post some screenshot if u want us to believe u

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Ati fanboy detector overheating ...

Athlon 2700xp+ (oc: 3200xp+ with 200fsb)
Radeon 9800pro (oc: 410/360)
1024mb pc3200 (5-3-3-2)
Asus A7N8X-X

More FUD about drivers, always tomorrow.

When's it gonna be out? Tomorrow!

When it's going to get better?
Oh, you just wait, there's stuff on the horizon!

When will I get my card?
It's in the mail, but thanks for your money.

When will SM 3.0 make a big difference?
Oh, it already does you just don't know it!

When will we be forced to use 32FP?
Well, if I had my way it would be now, it's the thing of the future now. You should accept nothing less.

What about the last generation it offered no benifit?
Sure it did, you just weren't advanced enough to appreciate it.
When will a TWIMTBP play as well on the 'prefered' hardware as the unoptimized hardware? Soon, you just wait!

Man the optimize is astounding. Seriously, your talents are being wasted coding, you should work for the Government in their PR department.

What's up with Iraq?
All is good, and it's getting better every day. It's going to replace Hawaii and Bermuda as the hot vacation destinations.

Why are Oil Prices so high?
They're only high if you drive a car. IF you rode your bike more often you cut you fuel costs considerably, and think of how healthy you would be.

Why is health care so bad?
It's not bad, we have a cure for Cancer, a Cure for HIV, a Cure for Breast cancer, a Cure for Baldness and a Cure for Small Penises; we're just not releasing it yet so that you'll be even more excited when we release it.

Why can't my President/Priminister/Emperor/Emir/Chieftan string together a coherent sentence?
He is very eloquent, you just need to listen harder and HEAR what he's saying. He's the best leader there is, and all others are terrible. We'll help you appreciate him better, just give us time.

When will there be peace in the middle east?
By the end of the month, I've got insider information and there's Magic Treaties being readied.

:tongue:

Anywhoo, so far I've heard alot about this and that and how everything will be better, and how nV has GF6800's avaliable, like for a day in Japan. Personally I'd like to see a little more concrete evidence.

BTW, never did see those benchmarks and stuff. I guess your NDA means you can TALK about it, just not PROVE it. Pretty liberal and specific NDA, unlike any I've ever heard of.

I don't doubt that the GF6800 series is good, but your mythical/magical description doesn't jive when you have nothing now, but always something later. If nV waits long enough they will be able to release their cards, with groovey driver just about the time all these features might make a difference, like next year. Guess in the meatime people can play their games on wishes and dreams, I find I never get partial precision or dropped frames with dreams. Probably best after all, and heck I don't know even know what precision and shader model we're talking about, but it's almost as good IQ as MATROX! :lol:

Paper Launch Card, Paper Launch Drivers, PaperLaunch Dominance, Paper Launch raison-d'etre.
I'm beginning to think nVidia is the technological translation of the word Origami.

At least when it does arrive it won't be another FX, by I doubt ATI will fill that role either, we'll always have XGI for that.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

entium

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
hehe do this dl the beta dx9c and the new 61.34 or higher and test it out. The frame rates for UT 2004 and any dx game go up another 15% at least

TRENDING THREADS