Tron Score Glitching, and other questions

My Tron is now doing the strangest thing I've ever encountered. After I
power off, it only occasionally loses settings and score tables. Now,
when it actually does save score, it will not put the score in the
right place. For example, if the score 6 is 10,000, and I score 12,000,
it will say "You are in place 75" or "You are in place 95" As I keep
playing, it will continue to put new scores somewhere in the top 100
very close to where the other score was placed. Anyone else experience
this?

What color where the original start buttons?

Was the light below the control panel white or black?
Thanks!

Weird scoring problem. Don't know about that.

The original start buttons are RED.

The light below the CP is supposed to be a WHITE - Black Light.

Steve

guinness

>>What color where the original start buttons?

Red. Although I don't think you'll find exact replacements as the originals
were a little darker than what I've seen repro'd. You should replace both
versus one so you don't have a mismatch.

>>Was the light below the control panel white or black?

Marquee and backdrop were white. Control panel is a Blue\Purple
Blacklight. The "marquee under the control panel" light is a White
Blacklight.

tim (NH)

"DarkKobold" <darkkobold@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My Tron is now doing the strangest thing I've ever encountered. After I
> power off, it only occasionally loses settings and score tables. Now,
> when it actually does save score, it will not put the score in the
> right place. For example, if the score 6 is 10,000, and I score 12,000,
> it will say "You are in place 75" or "You are in place 95" As I keep
> playing, it will continue to put new scores somewhere in the top 100
> very close to where the other score was placed. Anyone else experience
> this?
>
> What color where the original start buttons?
>
> Was the light below the control panel white or black?
> Thanks!

Sounds like you have a memory corruption. Try resetting the high scores and
check the battery voltage with the game off. That uses a nicad battery,
right?
Mike

"DarkKobold" <darkkobold@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My Tron is now doing the strangest thing I've ever encountered. After I
> power off, it only occasionally loses settings and score tables. Now,
> when it actually does save score, it will not put the score in the
> right place. For example, if the score 6 is 10,000, and I score 12,000,
> it will say "You are in place 75" or "You are in place 95" As I keep
> playing, it will continue to put new scores somewhere in the top 100
> very close to where the other score was placed. Anyone else experience
> this?
>
> What color where the original start buttons?
>
> Was the light below the control panel white or black?
> Thanks!

The light below the control panel, like others have already stated, is a
white blacklight. However, you should replace that light with a true
blacklight if your lower panel is faded as most Tron's are. The black
blacklight will help restore the "look" that was originally intended for the
machine.

Brian

"DarkKobold" <darkkobold@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My Tron is now doing the strangest thing I've ever encountered. After I
> power off, it only occasionally loses settings and score tables. Now,
> when it actually does save score, it will not put the score in the
> right place. For example, if the score 6 is 10,000, and I score 12,000,
> it will say "You are in place 75" or "You are in place 95" As I keep
> playing, it will continue to put new scores somewhere in the top 100
> very close to where the other score was placed. Anyone else experience
> this?
>
> What color where the original start buttons?
>
> Was the light below the control panel white or black?
> Thanks!

"I found a "gro-lamp" inside the marquee area - I'm guessing that is
the white blacklight"

Actually, a grow lamp puts off a more reddish, purple light. The White
Black Light is blue... think Bug light.

Does anyone have an original pic of a tron as it was lit back in the
day. I wanted to see what a white black light looked like on a new
machine.