Restore Point Question

I have had a look at the restore point files & see that there sometimes
a few for any one day. I suppose that this could be normal since I have
been installing a few new programs in the past few days. One of the
programs which was installed about 2 days ago won't open & I get
messages that this or that file is either wrong or missing.

I would like to know exactly what happens if I select one of these
restore points. Is it just the registry that gets reset? What if
anything happens to new data which has been saved in old programs that
were working correctly? What happens if I go back to a time before the
problems do I then reinstall the programs that were giving problems?

Thanks for any help

Answered in you previous post OT.

--
Regards,