2) What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3) What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn't really matter as long as it is not too crappy
4) Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5) How much battery life do you need?
6) Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I mostly play MMOs like World of Warcraft, The Secret World and also League of Legends. Long story short, I play online games. As far as settings go, I'm looking for something that can run at least normal smoothly.
7) What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
Skype Video calls, Surfing the web using way too many tabs, sometimes Photoshop or some video editing softwares, Watching movies/anime/series in HD
8) How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
I would say at least 300GB (the more the better)
9) If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
10) How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11) If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
I usually multitask many heavy duties at once. Surfing the web, downloading, media editing, writing, playing MMOs, chatting and making video calls. I sometimes do most of these tasks simultaneously.
12) Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Well, I want an Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost and for the GPU either ATI or NVidia. As for the laptop brand, I want anything with good customer service like MSI, Sony.... etc.
GTX 660m in the Lenovo Y580 is faster than the GTX 560m in the MSI GT683, let alone the GT 540m in the Sony VAIO. Also, the i7-3610QM in the Lenovo Y580 is faster clock than the i7-2630QM and i7-2720QM in the MSI and the Sony VAIO, as well as more efficient in power and performance because it in 1 generation newer. Also, I think you will find the Lenovo Y580 is a few hundred dollars cheaper. So no, MSI is not the best out of the three. Lenovo Y580 is.