looking for Broandband Network Utility program for my MN-5..

I have a MS MN-520 Wireless LAN card, but I lost the Brandband Network
Utility program, so I can't change WEP setting for the card which renders my
card almost useless, can someone kindly let me know where I can download the
program?
thanks a lot

If you're on Windows XP, use Wireless Zero Configuration (Control
Panel/Administrative Tools/Services) and you don't need the pretty front end
software since it is already built into XP. Otherwise, follow the links of
information here: http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"pw" <pw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a MS MN-520 Wireless LAN card, but I lost the Brandband Network
> Utility program, so I can't change WEP setting for the card which renders
> my
> card almost useless, can someone kindly let me know where I can download
> the
> program?
> thanks a lot

http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn

Specifically this page
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814445

If you are using Windows XP, you don't need the Broadband Network Utility to
change/assign the WEP key.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"pw" <pw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a MS MN-520 Wireless LAN card, but I lost the Brandband Network
> Utility program, so I can't change WEP setting for the card which renders
> my
> card almost useless, can someone kindly let me know where I can download
> the
> program?
> thanks a lot

Chris

Thanks for the help. I am not using the XP so I do need the Braodband
Network Utility program.

I checked the web link you mentioned already before I posted the initial
message, there was no help there.

What else can I do?

Thanks, pw

"Chris H." wrote:

> If you're on Windows XP, use Wireless Zero Configuration (Control
> Panel/Administrative Tools/Services) and you don't need the pretty front end
> software since it is already built into XP. Otherwise, follow the links of
> information here: http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "pw" <pw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a MS MN-520 Wireless LAN card, but I lost the Brandband Network
> > Utility program, so I can't change WEP setting for the card which renders
> > my
> > card almost useless, can someone kindly let me know where I can download
> > the
> > program?
> > thanks a lot

Jason

It works, thanks a lot, pw

"Jason Tsang" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn
>
> Specifically this page
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814445
>
> If you are using Windows XP, you don't need the Broadband Network Utility to
> change/assign the WEP key.
>
> --
> Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
>
> Find out about the MS MVP Program -
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
> "pw" <pw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a MS MN-520 Wireless LAN card, but I lost the Brandband Network
> > Utility program, so I can't change WEP setting for the card which renders
> > my
> > card almost useless, can someone kindly let me know where I can download
> > the
> > program?
> > thanks a lot

Chris

I found the program indicated by Jason, everything is fine now. Thanks, jw

"pw" wrote:

> I have a MS MN-520 Wireless LAN card, but I lost the Brandband Network
> Utility program, so I can't change WEP setting for the card which renders my
> card almost useless, can someone kindly let me know where I can download the
> program?
> thanks a lot

Same link I posted. You just need to read through the information for the
download. Glad it is fixed.
--

> Chris
>
> I found the program indicated by Jason, everything is fine now. Thanks,
> jw
>
> "pw" wrote:
>
>> I have a MS MN-520 Wireless LAN card, but I lost the Brandband Network
>> Utility program, so I can't change WEP setting for the card which renders
>> my
>> card almost useless, can someone kindly let me know where I can download
>> the
>> program?
>> thanks a lot

Glad to be able to help

--

> Jason
>
> It works, thanks a lot, pw
>
> "Jason Tsang" wrote:
>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn
>>
>> Specifically this page
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814445
>>
>> If you are using Windows XP, you don't need the Broadband Network Utility
>> change/assign the WEP key.
>>
>> --
>> Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
>>
>> Find out about the MS MVP Program -
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>>
>> "pw" <pw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a MS MN-520 Wireless LAN card, but I lost the Brandband Network
>> > Utility program, so I can't change WEP setting for the card which
>> > renders
>> > my
>> > card almost useless, can someone kindly let me know where I can
>> > download
>> > the
>> > program?
>> > thanks a lot