Sign in with
Your question

Mouse and keyboard problem

Last response: in Windows 7
June 27, 2010 2:08:02 AM

my mouse and keyboard are randomly clicking and entering things, even when not connected to the net. I at first suspected someone controlling but now i know its the mouse and keyboard.

the mouse and keyboard is the sidewinder x8/x6

any reasons why this is ive done 3 full scans with ms security essentails and malware bytes.

anything else i should try ?

More about : mouse keyboard problem

a b $ Windows 7
June 27, 2010 2:48:50 AM

Uninstall all drivers associated with the mouse and kb.
Unplug mouse and keyboard.
Turn off pc.
Plug them back in and let windows load the drivers.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 28, 2010 12:50:12 AM

john_smarty said:
my mouse and keyboard are randomly clicking and entering things, even when not connected to the net. I at first suspected someone controlling but now i know its the mouse and keyboard.

the mouse and keyboard is the sidewinder x8/x6

any reasons why this is ive done 3 full scans with ms security essentails and malware bytes.

anything else i should try ?

Have you used an alternate mouse and keyboard by chance?

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
m
l
Related resources
June 28, 2010 1:54:55 AM

i think i have found the problem, i was playing modern warfare 2 and then i exited the game, and now when i put my mouse in notepad it will immitate everything ive prevouisly done on mw2. i hit the cruise control button, but no light came on, so i figured it didnt work. since then i have resinatlled the drivers and restarted and the problem persists
m
l
June 28, 2010 2:11:13 AM

you haven't accidentally set up some macros?

open intellitype and intellipoint, and make sure you haven't accidentally recored some long macro onto a key. both have internal memory, so would still be there after a reinstall of the drivers.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 28, 2010 2:40:25 AM

This is why I have asked if he has tried to use an alternate mouse and keyboard.

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
m
l
June 28, 2010 4:18:48 PM

yes i have used the microsoft 7000 desktop and the problem is still here, but i was using that keyboard and mouse forever without any problems, it just started with the sidewinder.

and reinstalled all the drivers and restored everything to default. the keyboard seems to be working now but the mouse is still acting up.
m
l
February 11, 2013 4:06:01 AM

I have the same issue, its the sidewinder mouse. My PC is clean, no nothing. I do not have the issue with the same mouse "backup", the problem sounds like failing hardware.

This guy made a program to fix it, so far it has worked. But has only passed 40 minutes. Hope it helps, also I do not see it aiding long term but who knows. So improvement!

Mouse Fix section at bottom of page.
http://www.danieljackson.co.uk/fun/old/
m
l
!