SYSTEM RESTORE

My system restore is not generating reference points. I have the sys. rstr.
on and able, and have plenty of space available.
The only way I can insert a reference points is to manually add points
throughout each day.
Any suggestions as to what may be happening, or what I need to do?
--
Thanks for any help ----
25or624

    See if this helps:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;es;302796

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302796/
    --
    ---------------------------------------
    http://www.fast-rewind.com

    "José Gallardo" wrote:

    > See if this helps:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;es;302796
    >
    > "25or624" <25or624@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:9F82F15C-E1A4-4D8F-849A-F851AC447A16@microsoft.com...
    > > My system restore is not generating reference points. I have the sys. rstr.
    > > on and able, and have plenty of space available.
    > > The only way I can insert a reference points is to manually add points
    > > throughout each day.
    > > Any suggestions as to what may be happening, or what I need to do?
    > > --
    > > Thanks for any help ----
    > > 25or624

    Hi,

    Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.
    Please post the event information from Event Viewer as suggested in
    the page below along with any other error message generated by System
    Restore. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
    System Restore fails to create an automatic restore point.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/body_srauto.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    25or624 wrote:
    > My system restore is not generating reference points. I
    > have the sys. rstr. on and able, and have plenty of space
    > available.
    > The only way I can insert a reference points is to
    > manually add points throughout each day.
    > Any suggestions as to what may be happening, or what I
    > need to do? --
    > Thanks for any help ----
    > 25or624

Support Microsoft System Restore Windows XP