TECH: G07CBO monitor - Can't turn down flyback to full black

Hi all,
I've been working on this G07 monitor and initially it wouldn't seem to
hold the picture color steady. On bootup it would show the picture too
dark or too bright. I did a cap kit and soldered all the dry solder
joints. Now the picture comes up beautiful and there hasn't been any
changes at all. It's been working fine. The only thing that I cannot
figure out is if I turn the screen control on the flyback all the way
down, it will not go to full black. It will dim, but will not go full
black. I'm wondering if there is a cap responsible for this and where
it is located. I'm considering leaving it alone but it's bothering me.
Any idea on what could cause this?

john

try turning down all the color r,g,b, just a little and see if that helps.
Did you mess with the controls before and forget to readjust?

Trin

matt wrote:
> Could also be that your B+ is too high. Did you change the cap on the
neck
> board?
>
> --
> Matt
> M and M Electronics
> 6661 Stanford Ranch Road
> Suite F, PMB 105
> Rocklin, Ca 95677
> 916-275-5871
> "Baraka" <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi all,
> > I've been working on this G07 monitor and initially it wouldn't
seem to
> > hold the picture color steady. On bootup it would show the picture
too
> > dark or too bright. I did a cap kit and soldered all the dry solder
> > joints. Now the picture comes up beautiful and there hasn't been
any
> > changes at all. It's been working fine. The only thing that I
cannot
> > figure out is if I turn the screen control on the flyback all the
way
> > down, it will not go to full black. It will dim, but will not go
full
> > black. I'm wondering if there is a cap responsible for this and
where
> > it is located. I'm considering leaving it alone but it's bothering
me.
> > Any idea on what could cause this?
> >
> > john

The 120VDC is on the money. I did change the cap in the neckboard. I'll
see if turning down the red / green / blue makes the screen go dark.
Maybe I turned these up to hi? Although. I doubt it as the colors are
perfect. I'm stumped. Never came across this before.

John