disk defrag NTFS Module encountered a problem

For the last several days, my computer has come up with an error:

"Disk Defragmenter NTFS Module has encountered a problem and needs to
close".

I checked the MS KB and I find no articles about. Googling the error gave me
a few websites, but most of the info is old. One website suggests the
following:

<quote>
a.. Start / Run / Certmgr.msc / OK.

a.. Navigate through Trusted Root Certification Authority / Certificates to
Microsoft Test Root Authority.

a.. Remove the Microsoft Test Root Authority entry.

a.. Shutdown and restart your computer. <endquote>

The problem I have with following this direction is that, when I got to the
"Trusted Root Certification Authority", I get "Microsoft Root
Authority"...the word TEST is not there. So, I'm reluctant to follow this
direction.

Can anyone help out here? I'm running WinXP Pro, SP2.

thanks,kp

Try opening event viewer,locate the event/warning for it,try clicking on the
url,this opens kb help/support in xp,usually with a fix or answer.You might
also,install xp cd,exit the page,go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow
When its thru type:CHKDSK C: /F Agree to restart,then type:EXIT Remove xp
cd,restart computer.

"kp" wrote:

> For the last several days, my computer has come up with an error:
>
> "Disk Defragmenter NTFS Module has encountered a problem and needs to
> close".
>
> I checked the MS KB and I find no articles about. Googling the error gave me
> a few websites, but most of the info is old. One website suggests the
> following:
>
> <quote>
> a.. Start / Run / Certmgr.msc / OK.
>
> a.. Navigate through Trusted Root Certification Authority / Certificates to
> Microsoft Test Root Authority.
>
> a.. Remove the Microsoft Test Root Authority entry.
>
> a.. Shutdown and restart your computer. <endquote>
>
> The problem I have with following this direction is that, when I got to the
> "Trusted Root Certification Authority", I get "Microsoft Root
> Authority"...the word TEST is not there. So, I'm reluctant to follow this
> direction.
>
> Can anyone help out here? I'm running WinXP Pro, SP2.
>
> thanks,kp

Thanks for the tips. I'll try these and post back with results.
kp